Favorite low calorie snacks?

Options
What are some things you like to eat that are low in calories and you can eat a lot of them? I like pickles and all natural microwave popcorn (a whole bag). I'm always looking for ideas!

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    cherry tomatoes are my favorite go to snacks XD Ill walk to the far store for cherry tomatoes and eat the entire container any day XD
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Fat free sugar free yoghurts, pumpkin seeds, hard-boiled eggs, quest bars, oh yeah bars, cottage cheese, canned tuna packed in spring water/brine with a squeeze of lemon on top, protein powder mixed with skim milk or water. I do ALOT of exercise: 1 hour on an exercise bike plus at least 10 000 steps each day. So a lot of my snacks, I try and include high amounts of protein in them otherwise I'm not just hungry...I starve. I try and have fruit with a meal as if it was an in between snack my hunger would just be out of control.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Dry honey nut cherrios - 220 calories for 56 grams is a decent amount to snack on. Even fewer calories if you eat the plain cheerios.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Frozen blueberries; a cup is less than 100 calories.
  • Sassafras106
    Sassafras106 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Frozen raspberries
    String cheese
    Jello sugar free pudding
  • leslienicole318
    leslienicole318 Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I love light sargento string cheese, yoplait light yogurt, Apple slices, pear slices, quest bars, strawberry slices, rice cakes, slices of mozzarella or pepperjack cheese, and thinly sliced lunch meats like ham and turkey
  • 120onceagainandforever
    Options
    I like to eat pomegranate seeds, cucumber with tuna fish and mushrooms with a slice of low fat mozzarella cheese
  • annathebanana135
    annathebanana135 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welches fruit snacks high in vitamin c 80cals per snack bag, nice if your craving something sweet too
  • francinenz
    francinenz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Carrot sticks and a around 20 grams of dip of choice
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, I love fresh fruit, currently tucking in to a big bowl of homemade fruit salad (sharon fruit, mango, lychees, kiwi fruit, grapes, passion fruit, blackberries, blueberries,raspberries and strawberries) satisfies my sweet tooth, fills me up and <250 Calories. Even better I've got another bowl full to snack on tomorrow.
  • jmormur
    jmormur Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Veggies with hummus or Hidden Valley Ranch dip, Sargento light cheese sticks, deli meat thinly sliced, Wasa crisps, Nature Valley peanut butter biscuits, biscotti or some popcorn.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Ants on a log is fun cuz it takes time to assemble and eat, and can all be done in while on a Netflix or Hulu binge for relatively few cals.

Even fewer if you use laughing cow wedge per 100g of celery instead of pb. I also use craisins instead of raisins but I don't think cals too different there.
  • gin_rummy
    gin_rummy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Surimi seafood sticks (although maybe this is just a UK thing?) They are basically just protein and water, a serving of 4 is remarkably satisfying to keep hunger at bay between meals and for just 67 calories it's a win!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I was trying to think of snacks I eat that I can eat lot of, and I realized something. I usually pre-log, and I try to select snacks that will satisfy my hunger, not that will give me something to crunch on or eat mindlessly (which is what I used to do, hence my excess weight).

These are in my usual rotation:
    Carrots or celery and hummus or guac
    Wasa cracker with cheese and PB
    Cheese and a piece of fruit
    Yogurt with berries and nuts

They all have carbs, protein or fat, and fiber. I think that's the formula that works for me.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I bought a bag of cinnamon roasted almonds...boy that was a mistake for me as they were so good and crunchy I overdid. Staying away from them today as I find eating just the 1/4 cup serving almost impossible, but yesterday was just a bad day for me anyway. I also picked up at cvs a bag of kettle corn just the basics, very good and the serving size is good, even if you end up eating the entire bag, lol. But yesterday I was running back and forth to the hospital with a sick relative and instead of eating my proper meals and snacks I overdid on this stuff and this morning I had a 1 lbs 4 oz weight gain. :( though I believe its water retention from all the sodium and I haven't gone to the bathroom in two days. So today back on track for me.