New to myfitnesspal

Hi, my name is Karen and I am signing up today because of the encouragement of a friend/co-worker. Hopefully the support we can give each other at work every day will help us stay on track! Like many others, I have been battling my weight for years....lots of ups and downs. When I lose weight I always say I will NEVER put it back on again, but I always do. I am hoping to lose the weight I want and finally be able to keep it off!

Replies

• CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Welcome!!! This site is fantastic. I could never stick with anything but then i found this site and there is something about it that just keeps me moving and wanting to do better.....
  • mampm1
    mampm1 Posts: 88
    Welcome and good luck to you. This has been a godsend for me and I hope it will be the same for you. I've lost 14 pounds since I've been on here and looking to drop about 23 more in my first phase. To me it's as addicting as facebook, much healthier however! Let's all help each other and I look forward to your success!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Welcome. Hope you find this site as great as I have. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting there!

Feel free to friend me :smile:
  • hi karen..I only joined sunday and love it...making me more accountable to my intake is really helping...hope you find all the tools useful
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    This site is amazing for motivation! Not only that, but the ability to track what you eat and what exercise you do seems to be super beneficial, if only to make you aware of what you do and eat. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    hello! I've only been a member a few days . . .so far I'm finding this site brilliant! Good luck :)
  • lalaloz64
    lalaloz64 Posts: 11
    hi welcome to mfp,its a great site its keeping me motivated which is def a first lol, feel free to add me as a friend loz
  • alfredapittman
    alfredapittman Posts: 256 Member
    Welcome Karen and good luck with your journey!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    WELCOME! This site really does help and the people you "meet" are amazing! Good luck in your journey! Remember, it is jsut that, a journey. It is about changing your life style not just losing weight.
  • bethy0316
    bethy0316 Posts: 75
    Proud of you Karen!!
    You will be addicted to signing in every day, reading the Message Boards, and accounting your calorie intake. If I can do it, I know you can. We only have one more here to get on our bandwagon ... we will get her when she gets home. :)
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Welcome! This is a great site -- the folks are extremely encouraging and supportive. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Welcome and good luck!!!
  • Hi my name is Laurie, I am so happy me and my daughter joined we can not wait to see our results!!!!
  • cmmarie
    cmmarie Posts: 1
    I just signed up! Looking forward to getting healthy! :glasses: