No hydro, No water, No heat !!

Options
freedom2016mfp
freedom2016mfp Posts: 75 Member
edited January 2017 in Motivation and Support
Well just when you think your going to embark on a journey that will change your life.... YOU get hit with one of the biggest ice storms Atlantic Canada has ever seen! That said I've fallen off the proverbial wagon and I'm so disappointed. Going on day 4 without heat, hydro, water .... wasn't the journey I had in mind!

Replies

• TristansHawk
    TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That sucks! I live in Ontario, but I lived away from town (out in the forest haha) we lost power (and as such heat and water) for 2 weeks. It sucked, but at least we were able to go to town for food etc.

Good luck, stay warm!
  • freedom2016mfp
    freedom2016mfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
    Same goes for today, hopefully my calorie counting and hydro will fall into place at the same time lol
    Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Lol, can't you just melt the ice for hydro? Also outdoor work with snow shoveling, etc. it GREAT exercise and burns a lot of calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Say what you will about the boring prairies...we get super manageable natural disasters. No ice storms, no tsunamis, no earth quakes. Yup, I am just gonna huddle here in the middle of the country.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lol, can't you just melt the ice for hydro? Also outdoor work with snow shoveling, etc. it GREAT exercise and burns a lot of calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

In Canadian English, as I learned watching Mike Holmes renovation shows, hydro = electricity because a lot of their electricity is generated through hydroelectric methods.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    can you not get a generator? well they are probably sold out of them. so probably not
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had not heard about this storm. Usually we do hear about them here in Ontario. Hope things settle down soon for you .
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Wowee!! Good luck and stay safe!!!!!
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    No Roger, no Rerun, no rent!
  • Solabela
    Solabela Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I am also in Atlantic Canada. Hope you got your power back on and things back on track. It was a crazy storm for sure! Don't get discouraged. Every day is a fresh new start.