Body Dysmorphic Disorder

Options
Anyone else dealing with BDD and trying to lose weight? Looking for friends who are active and supportive!

Replies

• n318w
    n318w Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    what is that?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I do. I'm bmi 20 but I see myself as much bigger than that
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of current threads about this in Getting Started and Introducing Yourself.
  • MoodyFoodie23
    MoodyFoodie23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

So glad I'm not alone! I have a much higher BMI than 20 though. My BDD coupled with obsessing over my "flaws" has made losing weight near impossible! I feel like no one understands!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

So glad I'm not alone! I have a much higher BMI than 20 though. My BDD coupled with obsessing over my "flaws" has made losing weight near impossible! I feel like no one understands!

I'm a mostly recovered anorexic binge purge subtype and the bdd is one part that never goes away

• MoodyFoodie23
    MoodyFoodie23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think having a BDD subsection on this message board may not be a bad idea?

I think it'd be a great idea!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

I'm similar to this. It can be exhausting.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I've dealt with it most of my teen to adult life. 35 years ago, when I was the weight I am now (finally!!!) I thought I was fat, 5'4" and 130#. I couldn't see anything else in the mirror, just fat. Now that I have finally lost 60 pounds, (better late than never), I can see the slender woman I was back then. Sadly, at 63, I have wrinkles and loose skin, certainly not sexy looking. But, I'm very healthy and fit and when I look in the mirror I don't see a fat lady looking back, just someone who finally did it!