Say something joyful

Options
MisterHollis
MisterHollis Posts: 21 Member
edited January 2017 in Challenges
I try to take time and reflect on things that bring me joy. I invite you to share sincere and specific aspects of nutrition and exercise which you find joyful. It could be something surprising, ironic, simple, or profound. Keep 'em short, and try for one per day for a month.

Day 1 - I enjoy whole grain bread because I love to crush the *berries* in my teeth.

Replies

• yevetg1
    yevetg1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like how I feel when I take a walk after lunch.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find joy in the simple flavours of food in their natural forms. A plain bite of chicken. A plain noodle. A plain cut of cucumber. They all come with their own distinct taste, and once mixed you never get it back again. The culinary masterpieces are delicious, but sometimes you just need the joy of a baby carrot.
  • MisterHollis
    Options
    Day 2 - My young daughters genuinely enjoyed exercising with dumbbells. It's the novelty, I'm sure, but it brings me joy that they eagerly want to exercise with me.
  • MisterHollis
    Options
    Day 3 - Coming to the end of the day and realizing that I still have 800 calories left, so I get to enjoy a treat.
  • MisterHollis
    Options
    Day 4 - I love when my wife and/or I use a new recipe... Double-points for when the kids like it!
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My delicious apple today!
  • cblack8
    cblack8 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The sound of the rain on the windows today
  • MisterHollis
    Options
    Day 5 - Feeling of hunger all the time gradually transitions to feeling light... Maybe light-headed. :0)
  • MisterHollis
    Options
    Day 6 - Actually looking forward to exercise. Keeping it light and short, but enjoying it and looking forward to upping intensity.
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to trying new foods and recipes :)
  • MisterHollis
    Options
    Day 7 - [Nod to Megan] My dog is a great fitness buddy, as she is always happy to go for a walk and play outside. Not just an "okay, I guess I can go with you" kind of buddy, but the "Oh, Yes, PLEASE! I would LOVE to go outside again. I know we just got back, but if you wanna go for another lap, I am SO down with that!" kind of buddy!
  • MisterHollis
    Options
    Day 8 - Kids helping make dinner! Last night we had mini pot pies (homemade, cooked in a muffin pan).
  • MisterHollis
    Options
    Day 9 - Wearing a suit (albeit a bit snug) to a Father Daughter dance.
  • MisterHollis
    Options
    Day 10 - Simplifying grocery shopping lists, having some typical yet rotating meal plans.
  • molelekedim
    molelekedim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The way I feel after completing my daily jogging routine, light, positive like I can conauer the world
  • nikkiscell415
    nikkiscell415 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Joyful - When I'm expecting that I gained weight, but instead I lost more than my goal!
  • MisterHollis
    Options
    Day 11 - I have noticed more fulfilling, uninterrupted sleep... Interruptions due to visiting daughters are excluded!
  • MisterHollis
    Options
    Day 12 - Available calories giving me "permission" to eat a slice of cake without guilt.
  • MisterHollis
    Options
    Day 13 - Genuinely, no cravings for soda. Went out for dinner, and felt no deprivation at getting water.