I want to live a healthier and happier life

Options
Hi, my name is Lindsay. I've used this app before, but it has been a while. I'm 25 years old and 260 pounds. I'm really sick and tired of hating myself. I know that my weight doesn't define me, but it's been hard for me to remember that. My goal is to lose at least 100 pounds. I'm trying to take it slow and steady. I'm trying my best to be realistic with my goals and not be too hard on myself. I've only been consciously trying to eat better for less than a week and it has been hard. It's difficult to change the unhealthy habits that I have into healthy ones. I hope that I can make some friends in this community that can help keep me motivated. If anyone would like to be friends, just let me know and I'd be happy to add you.

Replies

• andy_from_mn
    andy_from_mn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    fEEL FREE TO ADD ME. tHE MORE THE MERRIER!
  • Chameleon80
    Chameleon80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step to a healthier lifestyle.The beginning is always the hardest,as our habits are hard to break.Feel free to add me
  • BreezyPeezy5
    BreezyPeezy5 Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Hi Lindsay! Welcome to MFP! Your hard work and determination will pay off. Keep working toward your goals.
  • younique80s
    younique80s Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm also trying to be healthier and happier. :)
  • Nikki91p
    Nikki91p Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Lindsay I'm 25 as well & hoping to lose 90-100lbs! I totally relate to you how hard it is going from eating bad then switching to a healthy lifestyle. Feel free to add me so we can be successful!
  • a350250d
    a350250d Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning Lindsay, and Hello to the rest of you who are choosing to be healthier and happier! I, myself, have decided to make 2017 a "healthier & happier" year. I've always struggled with my weight, and yo-yoed through my adult life. I believe it boils down to diet & exercise, and everything in moderation. And, you're right, the secret to success is to set realistic goals, and take one day at a time, and make a conscious effort to make healthier choices each day. I decided to cut alcohol out of my life totally last September, and replace it with 5K charitable races for my overall health, and to help others. Something as simple as that, can lead to other healthier choices. Stay positive, and realize the smallest change & choice can lead to an Awesome new YOU!
  • yessenia1219
    yessenia1219 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Lindsay! I need to lose at least 60 lbs. Feel free to add me.