HELP

Options
Help! So discouraged at tonight's weight challenge meeting I left and cried all the way home. I gained over a pound. I know it's only a lb but been working out and eating better, what am I doing wrong???

Replies

• allison_joan
    allison_joan Posts: 115
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! It could be water, the clothes you were wearing, a number of different things. A pound is nothing when you look at the whole journey we are all going through. Stay strong, keep eating healthy, hit the gym, and drink lots of water. Don't let one bad weigh in bring you down, just keep pushing through and you'll reach your goal!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged!! A pound isn't that much when you look at the whole picture. You've got a long journey ahead and it's gonna be full of up and downs, so just remember to keep working at it!

Good luck!!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Please don't be discouraged! You probably are doing nothing "wrong"! Weight changes all the time. This could be a temporary situation! Some things to think about though as you review your week:
    Are you drinking enough water? Did you eat enough calories? (Yes, you can have too few, as I have found out the hard way!) Are you getting in enough fiber and veggies? Was your sodium intake up a little bit a few days ago? (I had chinese food a few weeks ago, and gained 4 lbs in water weight overnight. It took 4 days for it to go away!)

You have lost quite a bit so far, so you know this already. But sometimes it helps to hear it again. Keep on doing what you have been doing so far. The weight will come off, even if the path is not always straight down.

Good luck!
  • katrinamclamb
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am going to look again at my food intake as I try to drink water (which I hate to be honest), but don't ever come close to my calorie count on a daily basis. I am always low. I read here (thank you again) that if you don't eat enough it will affect your calorie burn. I will try it again today! I can't give up, for me but my son got me working out when he said "Mom can I help you workout, I saw this show on TV where this woman gained so much weight she died and her kids were left with no one." We walked that day and every day since. My son is 15 and autistic, no more quiting!
  • gemma247
    gemma247 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    keep smiling, it may only just be water, what time of day was it?? it could be the foods that you have eaten that day! i always way myself in the morning as that is when you are at your lightest :) xxx
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am going to look again at my food intake as I try to drink water (which I hate to be honest), but don't ever come close to my calorie count on a daily basis. I am always low. I read here (thank you again) that if you don't eat enough it will affect your calorie burn. I will try it again today! I can't give up, for me but my son got me working out when he said "Mom can I help you workout, I saw this show on TV where this woman gained so much weight she died and her kids were left with no one." We walked that day and every day since. My son is 15 and autistic, no more quiting!

You are gonna make me cry! That is so sweet he wants to help you and is willing to be by your side through your journey. The love of a child can make anything possible! Stay strong!
  • lmorra
    lmorra Posts: 17
    Options
    Give yourself some credit katrina! you've lost 13 pounds already! that's great! I agree with others... don't let on weigh in discourage you... keep pushing with your new lifestyle change... you'll get the results you're looking for :smile: