Anybody looking for a buddy to do this with?

Options
Hi. My name is Tammy and I have about 100 pounds I would like to lose. Have some thyroid issues along with being unmotivated. Anybody looking to try and help each other beat this?

Replies

• 2011juju
    2011juju Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like!!!!
  • Toni5569
    Toni5569 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Tammy. Do u have any type of plan for your journey as far as food program or activity goes? I'm doing a modified version of South Beach. I'm eating only good carbs during the week but allow myself other carbs on weekends, such as bread & pasta. I've lost 30 lbs so far. Its not easy. My only advice is ....when I fall off, go right back on. I used to use falling off as an excuse to give up. I don't anymore. If I fall off today I jump right back on tomorrow. Good luck!
  • Svengali904
    Svengali904 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Tammy! I'm in the same boat as you, have a lot to lose and I'm trying to just concentrate on pounds at a time. In total I would like to lose about 80. I've been counting calories here for about 2 weeks and lost about seven pounds, so so far so good. Next week I plan on adding more exercise. Feel free to add me because I definitely need friends to help keep me accountable
  • yvettekeaton
    yvettekeaton Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • infjncible
    infjncible Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm new to this - I'm on day two, hoping to lose 27 lbs (that'll bring me down to around 200) and then a further 20-30 lbs after that. I have been fluctuating in my weight since I was a teenager, typically dropping 10-15lbs once I start exercising, then gaining it back +5 when I get complacent. I'm hoping MFP will finally do the trick; counting calories is something I haven't tried before.

Anyways, I always find I do things better when I'm working with a group, so you're all welcome to add me!