Victory for the Journey

Options
Heyy everybody!! So I have recently discovered that weight loss has just as much to do with our SPIRITUAL JOURNEY as it does mental, physical, and emotional; so I wanted to create a group for people who agree and want some spiritual encouragement for along the way!
It finally dawned on me that I feel like I can't do this because I don't feel like I'm WORTH doing this FOR; but Christ says I AM WORTH enough to DIE FOR, without even me asking so!!
I just want to hear y'alls journey and what you are going through. Yes, mistakes will happen. Heck, that's why Christ came to die. So this forum is here to be a reminder that through His grace, we shouldn't expect perfection from ourselves, but we can expect Victory!

Replies

• mrskcreations
    mrskcreations Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is very true and something I struggle with quite a lot.
    I often wonder if I am even worth trying to eat healthy and would enjoy making friends to encourage each other on this path.
    God does command us to live in moderation, and to bind our wounds so I do find it is very important to care for our health and have healthy eating habits and moderate exercise, I believe.

Sending you a friend request! :)
  • alexis_sheeaa
    alexis_sheeaa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find this true also! You would think that as Christians, we would be able to have all the strength in the world for this journey!! But we also have to remember that just because Christ has called us to do something, doesn't mean we can automatically do it!! Yes, self control is there, but why? Because His love is there. And until we believe in His love for us, we can never understand His strength or desires for us. :smile: I find the same to be true with sin- someone once told me that until we LOVE Christ so much that we HATE everything that is not of Him, we will Never truly begin to Live like Him. We have to remember that Christianity is not a to do list; it is a life style driven by Love.
    Thanks so much for the friend request! I look forward to walking through this journey with you! :wink: