Half Way 77 pounds down

Options
mandalunia
mandalunia Posts: 128 Member
I just passed the half way mark to goal weight so I thought I would share my progress because these success stories keep me going. In August of 2016 I finally realized I had to change something. For more than 15 years I had simply given up. I just knew that I would be morbidly obese forever. I even gave up believing I could lose enough weight to have weight loss surgery that seemed out of reach. I did not believe I would or could ever change the fact that I was fat and unhealthy. Then my family and I planned a trip to Costa Rica and I realized I couldn't hide from the fact that my weight was keeping me from doing the things I most wanted to do. While on a small hike I almost passed out from the exertion and I knew things had to change or I would die. Since then I have done nothing fancy. I started walking first to the end of my block then around it then a bit further. I joined MFP and bought a scale and a Garmin to track my progress. I tracked my calories with MFP every day.

I still have a long way to go but I see progress every day. This morning I took a 5 mile walk. I walk on average 17,000 steps per day by taking a long walk every morning and evening. I just joined a gym and I am starting to do a little weight training. I am entered in a 5k scheduled this March. I don't really deprive myself of any food I just weigh it and measure and try to stay within my calorie budget. The first pictures are my starting weight 287 at 5'1 the second are in September around 265 and the last are today at 210. I look forward to breaking into wonderland (it's been 25 years) and continuing to feel healthier and stronger.
h8frjcwcvrgd.jpg
t0e8e3qm6vut.jpg
t 21po18xsqmy8.jpg
qdf2phb0bblq.jpg
lq9azl25dw10.jpg

Replies

• brandi8484
    brandi8484 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKIN GOOD!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Great job! You got this!!
  • Victorious1908
    Victorious1908 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you!
  • b1229
    b1229 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • Lioness_1978
    Lioness_1978 Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • pjb416
    pjb416 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome work !!! Congratulations
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job of getting fit. keep it up.. what an astounding difference!
  • SleepingSwan
    SleepingSwan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Well done!!
  • katanak9
    katanak9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wowsers! You're making fabulous progress! Good on you and thank you for sharing - very inspiring!
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for my morning cup of inspiration!!! You're doing AMAZING!!! *WOO HOO* Wishing you well on the remainder of your journey....
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Well done! Thanks for sharing, the successes of others keep many of us going!
    Continued success to you!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    What I love is that genuine smile on your face in ALL pics. I can tell you have so much to give and just have. Congratulations on your awesome progress. There's a spot in Onederland with your name on it!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yaay! The one thing that stood out to me is how happy you look at both your weights. You can't fake that kind of smile :smile:
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Amazing!!! You should be incredibly proud of your hard work & great progress! Keep rockin' it -- you are inspiring so many people!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Wow what an amazing difference good for you!!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to celebrate your onederland success!
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Fabulous work!! And you have the most beautiful smile x
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Look at that waist and chin definition!! Fantastic, very inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!