JM's "Ripped in 30" - available in UK (Region 2)??

Options
Did anyone in the UK (or anywhere in Europe) find this DVD anywhere?

I bought one off Ebay (UK seller) only to find out when I wanted to start it this evening, that it is a US/CA DVD (region 1) version, so not suitable for my DVD. I tried my laptop, but it warned me that I can only change my settings a certain amount fo times, so I'm not doing that.
I'm so disappointed and to be honest a little angry too. The ad never mentioned that it would not be suitable for DVDs here (it did mention Region 1 but up until now, I had no idea what that means).

So I've been looking on a few other sites, but I'm starting to wonder if it's even available in "Region 2" yet?

Replies

• kayshields
    Options
    Iv just been looking this minute at exactly the same thing on ebay. I found some that were listed as UK region 2 PAL was also a little worried about getting it to not work..........keen to see what its all about :)
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Where do you see the Region 2 on Ebay for this DVD? You don't mean the "30 day shred", do you?

The only "Ripped in 30" (the follow-up from the shred) I see is from one UK seller (the one I bought it off) and the rest is USA sellers. I obviously went with the UK seller and yes, after re-reading the ad it does say Region 1, but up until this evening I would not know what that means.
  • kayshields
    Options
    Oh sorry yeah it was the 30 day shred I was looking at. Apologies for that..... I wouldnt know what I was looking at either hence me deciding not to bother. Hope you manage to find one. Have you tried amazon and play.com?
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    Yeah, I tried both of them, I reckon this one's just not available here yet. (Go get the Shred - it's great!)

The seller replied to me this morning and said there are unlock codes for DVD players, so might be able to do that. Sigh.
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    i cant find uk version - i dont think its been realised here yet :(
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    I don't think so either. So disappointed!

Hopefully I will be able to get the DVD-player unlocked, or the DVD ripped on my laptop (if I can figure out how to do that)
  • suz74
    suz74 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've been searching too but can't find it :-( My friend has it as she has a DVD player that will play any region. We may have to wait. Watched clip on YouTube and it looks so tough!
  • daisyamber
    daisyamber Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    YESYESYES, I "hacked" my DVD player, so I can do "Ripped in 30" now! Starting tomorrow (already done the Shred today)
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    How did you hack your dvd player? I've wanted it for ages but its not out yet here and theres a couple of others of hers that i'd like (yoga meltdown & shred it with weights) but I dont want to fork out for a multi region dvd player.

I
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    i realy want shre it with weights too - but still not out in uk!
    im gonna go email!!!!!
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    How did you hack your dvd player? I've wanted it for ages but its not out yet here and theres a couple of others of hers that i'd like (yoga meltdown & shred it with weights) but I dont want to fork out for a multi region dvd player.

I

Are you impressed with my hacking skills? So am I!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I never even knew that that was possible. I googled "unlock DV player" and "hack DVD player" (and then with the brand name and type number and it turns out there are pages and pages with manuals to unlock your player. I literally had to key in a few numbers with the remote control and that was all. Couldn't believe my luck. :drinker:
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options

I

Are you impressed with my hacking skills? So am I!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I never even knew that that was possible. I googled "unlock DV player" and "hack DVD player" (and then with the brand name and type number and it turns out there are pages and pages with manuals to unlock your player. I literally had to key in a few numbers with the remote control and that was all. Couldn't believe my luck. :drinker:

Oh I am so going to do this!! I didnt even realise it was possible!!
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    Now check first if it works for you too, before you start ordering!! :laugh: