Sweet tooth replacements

Options
I have a horrible sweet tooth. It tends to lead to way too many calories and way too much sugar/junk for time to time. What do you use/eat for good replacements that still satisfy those cravings? Thanks.

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and fruit (both fresh and dried).
  • lransaw4
    lransaw4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 tbs apple cider vinegar one table spoon of fresh lemon juice agave nectar and water. It kills sweet cravings for me.
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Fruit! Juicy fruits are better to me (citrus, melons, apples).
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love these new "ice cream" bars called Yasso Greek Yogurt bars. They are so delicious, have some protein and come in yummmmmy flavors like mint chip, strawberry, cookie dough, coffee chip and more!! Also they're around 80-100 cals which is relatively easy to fit in at the end of the day. And they are stocking them at Walmart now!
    If you don't want to go that route. Fruit yes. Or I also love chia pudding made with any nutbased milk and stevia.
  • laura_c628
    laura_c628 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I usually do fruit parfaits, larabars, smoothies, or non-dairy ice cream!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Diet soda, Dannon Light&Fit greek yogurt, 80 cal Blue Ribbon fudge bars (sort of like fudgecicles), Yasso bars.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Halo Top ice cream (the whole pint), protein fluff, protein shakes, greek yogurt with mixins (choc chips, peanut butter powder, cocoa powder, stevia, My Protein 0 calorie flavor drops in toffee or peanut butter), dark 90-99% chocolate with tea, a nice coffee with cream and sugar, gum, protein bars.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Another suggestion is a glass of water. Sometimes we think we are hungry when we are actually thirsty. You could even add a squeeze of lemon.

If you are often hungry between meals you could try for bigger meal sizes to help see you through too.

Also add the sweet food to your calorie counter before you eat it. It may be that little bit extra motivation to grab an apple instead.

In saying all this, sugar cravings are the pits.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Another suggestion is a glass of water. Sometimes we think we are hungry when we are actually thirsty. You could even add a squeeze of lemon.

If you are often hungry between meals you could try for bigger meal sizes to help see you through too.

Also add the sweet food to your calorie counter before you eat it. It may be that little bit extra motivation to grab an apple instead.

In saying all this, sugar cravings are the pits.

An apple often has more calories or the same amount as the "sweet" thing I'm about to eat.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    You are right about the calories but it also has fibre and lots of good vitamins and minerals. Much more filling too. Because you don't have that sugar rush you stay fuller for longer.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    You are right about the calories but it also has fibre and lots of good vitamins and minerals. Much more filling too. Because you don't have that sugar rush you stay fuller for longer.

I find that to be the opposite. Apples are not filling to me at all. I'd rather have a protein bar. I also get vitamins and fiber throughout the day otherwise.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have been cutting up Envy Apples and sprinkling cinnamon on it. I have a huge sweet tooth and this helps.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    2 peppermint patties,fun size works for me.I record them every morning.100 calories.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is a great one for me. Especially if I'm craving sweets for an afternoon pick-me-up.

Sour candies and mints like Ice Breakers or sugar free gums often hit the spot also. They're only 2 calories each and the strong flavor makes them more satisfying for me.
  • JullzGood
    JullzGood Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Frozen Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberry mix
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I find that to be the opposite. Apples are not filling to me at all. I'd rather have a protein bar. I also get vitamins and fiber throughout the day otherwise.

I'm the same way. If I have fruit for a snack I have to pair it with a protein like Greek yogurt or cheese to make it remotely satisfying.
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have a whole pack of unsweetened jelly (I'm in the UK, would be jello in the US?) at 36cals, around 65g of quark for 44cals and a Tesco meringue nest crumbled on top (52cals). Makes a huge pud which fills me up and satisfies any sweet cravings for 132 cals. You can also dip into it throughout the day and still have lots left for later :)

EDA: I also often add frozen berries - feels almost like I'm eating a trifle.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Nights are the worst for me so a sachet of low fat hot choc made with milk is sweet and keeps me going x
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Fruit and yogurt together (although this time of year the fruit is not good). The other thing I do is eat an Outshine Grape Popsicle. 60 calories, very sweet, and usually stops the craving for sugar. It is sugar though!!!!