Why do ladies weight go up at that time of the month?

Options
ChazzyEvilKitty
ChazzyEvilKitty Posts: 20 Member
I'm just curious really. I'm due on soon and noticed my weight has gone up by a few pounds. Do people weigh themselves afterwards, or should I just stick to weighing myself weekly?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It's a personal choice, I weigh weekly because just regular daily fluctuations'd otherwise, leave me; feeling awfully defeated! Also our weight, increases because we're retaining, water & creating extra blood for, a potential pregnancy!
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I never weight myself during my time of the month. The extra weight is water, your body retains more during your period, that's why you sometimes feel bloated and sluggish. It's not fat that you're gaining, so don't worry and I recommend just not weighing! :)
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm just curious really. I'm due on soon and noticed my weight has gone up by a few pounds. Do people weigh themselves afterwards, or should I just stick to weighing myself weekly?

Are you kidding @ChazzyEvilKitty ? Your weight can go up and down a few pounds in a SINGLE DAY!

I weigh myself every day, multiple times a day, because the fluctuations are fascinating!

Ultimately, you choose when it is the right time for YOU to weigh yourself and which weight to record, it's different for everybody.

Again, I weigh multiple times a day. It doesn't bother me and I usually do it on a whim. I only record the weight when I first wake up, after I urinate, but before ingesting anything and count that as my daily weight.

Causes for premenstrual weight gain include: fluid retention, food cravings, bloating and low magnesium.

Most women weigh their heaviest just before menstruation.

But be careful not to become to 'obsessed' with the number. Many women here(myself included) can attest to not losing any weight(even gaining some) and fitting into a smaller pant size.
    Keep your chin up! :sunglasses:

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    xlcxpfo8u6hq.png

This is me weighing daily, on the same calibrated scales, at the same time each morning, after a wee.

As you can see, despite a weight loss trend there are definite fluctuations day today.

At the beginning of this one month example I was premenstrual. Also at the end.

Although I have a bloating increase it's relatively less than the previous monthly weight.

(I weigh daily to get used to fluctuations in an attempt to feel more comfortable in a weight range rather than set number.)
  • MoodyFoodie23
    MoodyFoodie23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Water retention. I never weigh myself at that time of the month. Just makes me sad, really. I'd say just stick to your weekly weights. Personally I can't weigh myself daily as it drives me quite mad.
  • peanutbuttertuesday
    peanutbuttertuesday Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Personally I like to weigh daily so I can make sense of my water retention and eat accordingly in the days to follow. Typically I will find that it is muscle recovery from a new workout, too much sodium, or an increase in carb intake. I almost always can flush it out with more water, less carby foods and a magnesium supplement. I enjoy micromanaging my weight, because I am nuts. But there's no much we can do about that pesky tom.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Bloating
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but I only log weekly. It keeps me on track.