I ran a mile today!

Options
So I have been working on the couch to 5k plan doing well until week 6 hit! It has been hard to get past the first day on week 6, but today I ran a full mile without stopping! :)

Replies

• mags06
    mags06 Posts: 29
    Options
    So I have been working on the couch to 5k plan doing well until week 6 hit! It has been hard to get past the first day on week 6, but today I ran a full mile without stopping! :)
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That is so great!!!! keep up the hard work
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Running is so awesome!!!

WTG!!! :drinker:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great WTG!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    awesome.....I recently had that happen...I know how you feel,,,,sky is the limit.....good job
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Woop Woop! Go you! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    WOW, that is so great. Congrats, keep up the great work.
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    I did the last part of couch to 5k and I am running with a group that is training for a half marathon(Feb 15th) I have had good weeks and bad weeks but stick with it. You are really doing yourself a favor by getting out there. If you can find someone to train with that is better. I also find having a goal works good. Have you picked out a date for your 5k at the end of your training? Sign up now if you can and that way you have that goal as you are running. Don't forget to set some goals for after you finish your couch to 5k training. I have picked out 4 races that will get me through the rest of the summer and I am still working on my plan for fall and winter.
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    :drinker: :smokin: :flowerforyou: :glasses: :smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :tongue:

WAY TO GO!!!

Congrats keep up the good work pretty soon you will be running 5k's every month!

Keep us posted on your training!

which week do you get to comeplete a 3k?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I have been working towards learning to run on the C25k program too, so I understand how hard that is! YAY YOU!!!
  • mags06
    mags06 Posts: 29
    Options
    Well I haven't signed up for a 5k yet, but our school does one in April, so I will be doing that! I'm not quite sure when I will hit the 3k mark during the weeks...I'm kinda having to change it up for myself...so maybe in a week or so....
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO! As a "running hater", I really applaud you. I can run for a bit but I don't think I have done a full mile. I now have a new weekend challenge so thank you! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!