Bariatric Pals Wanted

Options
Hey all-I am looking for folks that have had bariatric surgery and are doing well in maintenance. I am 3 years out from Gastric sleeve, and have lost about 120lbs. I am also in recovery from a past eating disorder and am hoping to find folks that can continue to help me along my journey.

I exercise 4-5 days a week, and recently met with a nutritionist to revamp my plan.

Looking forward to meeting some new folks!

Suzanne

Replies

• fleebers
    fleebers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here. RNY Jan 9, 2017. Looking for buddy(s) to share ideas/motivation/resources.
  • smm773
    smm773 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    HI Ladies! Just now seeing this . ..sorry! I would love to have you guys on board! I will go ahead and friend you! Welcome--what great steps you have both taken to get healthier!!
  • Nicole65
    Nicole65 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm getting surgery next week and would love some additional support!
  • amy2690holmes
    amy2690holmes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my gastric sleeve on 12/16/16. Also looking for support, as I'm in week 5 of my recovery and hating life.
  • travelher
    travelher Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Had my revision to bypass in october '16. happy to have anyone add me as a friend.
  • dcg0587
    dcg0587 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I am having an rny done in about 2 weeks. :)
  • sharae216
    sharae216 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I had the RNY in November 2016, anyone feel free to add me! Always looking to talk, support, listen to others who've had surgery!
  • catweiler57
    catweiler57 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had RnY on 5 Jan 2017. Just 3 weeks out today. Doing well, back to work, and tolerating puree food nicely.
  • Brooksdrea
    Brooksdrea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am almost at my 3 year mark. I had the sleeve April 2014. Best decision of my life. Still struggling with food addiction as I can eat anything now and more food. So back on track and logging everything. My downfall is exercise. I just hate it and find every reason not to do it. My goal is to walk 30 min a day. Wish me luck. I'd be happy for anyone to add me or if you need any support!!
  • stevenharding1279
    Options
    I had the gastric sleeve done on Jan 4th of this year and had to have emergency surgery to repair a internal incision that opened up. So recovery has been slow. But on the positive side I'm down 40lbs so far. How long after the surgery did you guys feel well enough to start working out?
  • Krkr751
    Krkr751 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sleeved 1/12/17. Just walking now, but will need motivation to do more!
  • jennjune2014
    jennjune2014 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im 2.5 years out. Maintaiming has become harder for me. Im up 10. Im working to get back to 130's
  • Haydsmayd
    Haydsmayd Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Pursuing the Sleeve surgery myself. Surgery date is March 14th, I'm so excited! I'd love more bariatric friends as well!
  • tarapeterson76
    tarapeterson76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I had the sleeve surgery done in August 2014. I went from a size 16/18 to a 6/8. However, due to many circumstances lately, I have gained about 25 pounds back. Just saw my bariatric doc yesterday and we have a great game plan for loosing the weight again. I'm very excited! Surgery was one of the best decisions of my life. I will warn you though, that I was in substantial pain after the surgery and what the doc said about after surgery pain management differed from what the nurses actually did.
  • normwon1
    normwon1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm day 6 post op - sleeved Jan 27 2017.

Also looking for friends on MFP for motivation and challenges. Feel free to friend me...
  • iamjennica35
    iamjennica35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Just had gastric bypass on January 3 2017
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well I'm having surgery in May!(=
  • Aharwood81
    Aharwood81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had RNY 12/13/16, please feel free to add me!
  • queenbree13
    queenbree13 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had RNY on 3/16/17! Always could use some friends!