2017~~52 Pounds in 52 Weeks Challenge

Options

Replies

• DanaD068
    DanaD068 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    actually so disappointed in myself but need some motivation guys to make me believe I can to it :)

You got this. We are all human and not infallible, give yourself a break acknowledge it and get back on track!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    gelahope wrote: »
    Wow, I really am enjoying reading all of your successes, struggles, and just journeys in general. It really helps me knowing that you guys are dealing with life and ups and downs and still sticking to it! It really gives me hope that I can do it!

My weigh-in day isn't until Tuesday, but I thought I would reach out and have you guys send me some positive vibes and thoughts. I have a family birthday party to attend tonight and I am going to do my best not to go overboard with food, ice cream, cake, etc. But I'm eating light this morning so I can at least indulge just a little.

Wish me luck! ☺

Good luck! How about taking a low calorie dessert for yourself? Strawberries and low fat whipped cream? I hope they include some fruit at the party.
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    Well, it’s time to step up the exercise. I had planned to do this for a few weeks, but this is the push I need. Starting in February, I am returning to the gym! (I’m paying for a membership, I think it’s time to start using it again). My plan is to do the Couch to 5K program for the Treadmill on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It will be interesting to see if I can run for 30 minutes by the end of it. (I’ve never been able to run, even in my teens when I weight 120 lbs). When I get into this routine, for a few weeks, I will add back weights on at least one other day of the week (on Thursday, maybe? And maybe one day during the weekend. I have a class on Tuesday nights, so I won’t be able to go to the gym that day until the end of May)

Good luck completing C25k! You'll feel so accomplished once you're done. Are you going to schedule a 5k after you complete the program? I did C25k on the treadmill. Try not to compare the amount of miles to what others do on the program. When I joined a group on MFP for C25k, I saw many people trying to do 3 miles in 30 minutes and they were completely new to running. To make a long story, many were injured or got frustrated and didn't complete it. You have the right attitude. You want to run for 30 minutes. Good luck again! Make sure you stretch afterwards.
  • Toxtethogrady
    Toxtethogrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    actually so disappointed in myself but need some motivation guys to make me believe I can to it :)
    Remember how bad you felt at weight gain caused by drinking and eating rubbish and use that disappointment to motivate you next time you're tempted
  • cdbjr2000
    cdbjr2000 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Starting weight:280.2
    Goal weight:180
    Current weight:173
    Total weight lost:7.2
    This week's successes:
    This week's challenges:
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    tdbernrd wrote: »
    Well, it’s time to step up the exercise. I had planned to do this for a few weeks, but this is the push I need. Starting in February, I am returning to the gym! (I’m paying for a membership, I think it’s time to start using it again). My plan is to do the Couch to 5K program for the Treadmill on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It will be interesting to see if I can run for 30 minutes by the end of it. (I’ve never been able to run, even in my teens when I weight 120 lbs). When I get into this routine, for a few weeks, I will add back weights on at least one other day of the week (on Thursday, maybe? And maybe one day during the weekend. I have a class on Tuesday nights, so I won’t be able to go to the gym that day until the end of May)

Good luck completing C25k! You'll feel so accomplished once you're done. Are you going to schedule a 5k after you complete the program? I did C25k on the treadmill. Try not to compare the amount of miles to what others do on the program. When I joined a group on MFP for C25k, I saw many people trying to do 3 miles in 30 minutes and they were completely new to running. To make a long story, many were injured or got frustrated and didn't complete it. You have the right attitude. You want to run for 30 minutes. Good luck again! Make sure you stretch afterwards.

@dbernrd Thanks for the advice. I am doing the treadmill version, and I no inclination to move fast or to injure myself. My goals are 1st health, 2nd weight loss (I'm a woman, so vanity always comes into the picture), 3rd finding more ways to be active, and burn calories in less time - I don't always have time to walk an hour a day).
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    @dbernrd Thanks for the advice. I am doing the treadmill version, and I no inclination to move fast or to injure myself. My goals are 1st health, 2nd weight loss (I'm a woman, so vanity always comes into the picture), 3rd finding more ways to be active, and burn calories in less time - I don't always have time to walk an hour a day).
    @PoisonDartFrog I'm pretty vain myself. Doing C25K, my toe nails used to hurt. I found out I needed bigger shoes. I purchase them and felt self conscious. Soooooo, a few years later, I buy my shoes online. I want pretty and of course, I want smaller but not my exact size. Well, I messed up my toe nails that year. They grew off but boy was it ugly. I'll just wear my boats and be happy.
    Running will definitely help you to burn more calories. Like with anything else, you can plateau but you can also increase your distance or speed and the weight loss will start again. Are you going to participate in a 5K? They are so much fun. I'm thinking about doing my first race in April. I need to drop 20 pounds. I'm really heavy right now.