Exercising for cake

jan2b
jan2b Posts: 5
edited 12:09AM in Introduce Yourself
Hi All,

I have used my food diary for 2 weeks now and seem to be doing ok. It's encouraging me to do more exercise because I want to eat more. Not sure if that's how it is suppose to be done but I figure if I can earn more calories, I can have more chocolate and wine!

I wanted to find out what sports and activities burn the most calories so I can do them and have cake after. I'm not looking to lose much about 4Kg or 8-9lbs total and I've a year to do it but toning is important to me.

Advice and suggestions are welcome,

Replies

• mmammi01
    mmammi01 Posts: 1
    Jillian Micheals DVD or on comcast on Demand she is hardcore and you burn alot of calories

Melinda
  • tracbaldwin
    tracbaldwin Posts: 13 Member
    ZUMBA! I don't know if you like to dance, but you can burn up 700-1000 calories in an hour if you have an energetic instructor. It's fun, the time flies and sitting down to a piece of cake (or ice cream) will be free!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Aerobic exercises (runnng, Zumba, etc.) will burn the most calories, but strength exercises (weights, resistance bands, pushups, squats, etc.) are better for toning, so you may want to incorporate both into your routine.
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Hi All,

I have used my food diary for 2 weeks now and seem to be doing ok. It's encouraging me to do more exercise because I want to eat more. Not sure if that's how it is suppose to be done but I figure if I can earn more calories, I can have more chocolate and wine!

I wanted to find out what sports and activities burn the most calories so I can do them and have cake after. I'm not looking to lose much about 4Kg or 8-9lbs total and I've a year to do it but toning is important to me.

Advice and suggestions are welcome,

lol, I thought I had written this at first as it's exactly how I am! I haven't stopped eating or drinking my favourite foods, I just work harder in order to earn them than I did before :happy:
  • katyalaniz
    katyalaniz Posts: 24
    Exercise videos are great, but not if you're working out at the gym! In my experience, the most calories are burned on the stationary bike - you're going further - FASTER! Up the resistance and really work hard!

Also, putting the treadmill at an incline will give you great burn, as well as toning for your legs.
  • jan2b
    That's a great idea, Zumba. I've seen that advertised locally only thing is, the small town I live in has no classes on til September.

purplepollypops, I'm glad there is someone else as crazy as me! All I have to do is put the chocolate down and hey presto, no work! But I just can't do it. It's a sad day that doesn't allow for chocolate.

I've got an exercise bike in the house which I use but I've no intention of ever going to a gym. I want my exercise to be fun and adventurous where possible.

I guess I'll have to do something for my abs and thighs though, squatting or crunches ok??
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    That's a great idea, Zumba. I've seen that advertised locally only thing is, the small town I live in has no classes on til September.

If you have space to workout at home you can get video games for most systems, or buy the DVDs.
  • jan2b

If you have space to workout at home you can get video games for most systems, or buy the DVDs.

LOL I've no computer game consoles if you believe, I'm probably the only one here with my exercise DVD either. I just know I wouldn't do it on my own for long!
This discussion has been closed.