1200 cal?

Options
H there
I'm getting confused the site says i should be eating 1600 but i keep seeing people talking about eating1200 just wondering that i am doing this right. I have previously been a part of scottish slimmers and they had me on 1300 cals but you did get bonus fruit on top of that and a free amount of calcium just wondering if anyone can clear this up for me x

Replies

• jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    it all depends your current weight, your activity level and how much you want to loose a week
    then it works it out on that
  • rhomor
    rhomor Posts: 39
    Options
    Follow what MFP sets for you. 1200 is the absolute minimum intake for most people but it is not right for everyone. Depends on so many factors. Tons of people have to up the cal intake because they are not losing. Try out what MFP sets for you and if it is not working after a few weeks then try to adjust it.
  • kellymarie619
    Options
    The number comes from what you select when you sign up. What your original lifestyle is, how much you'd like to lose a week, and how active you plan on being. If you want to lose more you should change your settings.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It depends on the info you entered to calculate your BMR. My cals are set at 1490. As I lose and then recalulate the daily cals will drop.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person; it's different for everyone. Good luck!