Weight loss for wedding HELP

Options
In getting married Aug 12th I am currently 183 lbs and want to get down as close as I can to 135-140. Any suggestions?!?! I could really use it

Replies

• dianebeach129
    dianebeach129 Posts: 0 Member
    Options
    dz5hn6k0gzh9.jpg
    If you are looking to just lose weight, there are tons of fly-by-night diets out there. But if you want to have good health at the end of the weight loss, I would highly suggest following this protocol. 5 years ago, I lost 50 pounds and by following this protocol and balancing your macronutrients every time you eat (healthy protein the size and thickness of the palm of your hand; healthy veggies that cover the other 2/3rd of your plate; and a dash of healthy fats (non-omega 6 fats)...... by doing this, my daughter lost 95# within 6 months and has kept it off now for a year!! Best of luck to you!! ;)
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    dz5hn6k0gzh9.jpg
    If you are looking to just lose weight, there are tons of fly-by-night diets out there. But if you want to have good health at the end of the weight loss, I would highly suggest following this protocol. 5 years ago, I lost 50 pounds and by following this protocol and balancing your macronutrients every time you eat (healthy protein the size and thickness of the palm of your hand; healthy veggies that cover the other 2/3rd of your plate; and a dash of healthy fats (non-omega 6 fats)...... by doing this, my daughter lost 95# within 6 months and has kept it off now for a year!! Best of luck to you!! ;)

no.. what is all this nonsense
  • twobirdperch
    twobirdperch Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    As another poster said: getting down to 135-140 safely might be a little bit of a stretch. However, it's not impossible. Depending on how well you stick to your calorie deficit and what form/how frequent you exercise it's definitely possible.. you'd need to lose around 1.5 lbs a week to make your goal. You CAN do it.. if you're committed. I'd suggest dialing in a 2lbs loss per week on MFP and try to adhere to the calorie deficit it suggests. That'll give you a little wiggle room if you have an off day here and there. Best of luck! & Congrats!
  • swray21
    swray21 Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Im trying to lose 20 to 25 asap. Planning my wedding for next year but want to go try on dresses and get engagement pics at my lower weight. I would work out daily. Cardio and weights and keep calories low and healthy. No alcohol or processed sugars. Thats what i do. I also think about eating half the amount of food I was eating when i was gaining. Or if i go out to eat to only eat half the plate and take the rest home. Drink plenty of water. I have 2 water bottles i take to work and make sure i drink them both at work then another After work to get my 8 glasses in.
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    dz5hn6k0gzh9.jpg

no.. what is all this nonsense

XD Yep!!! if i did all that i'd be pretty F'd. I need to take many supplements due to allergies in certain foods. I started taking a bunch after my GP had a look at my blood work and I've lost over 44lbs and I'm now not anemic =)

Create a calorie deficit and you'll lose, you don't need to follow this lvl of strict... i don't even know what to call it but it wouldn't be very nice.... I think nonsense is pretty close XD
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    congrats! i am having my 25th wedding anniversary 1st august and TRYING to get back into my wedding dress! my dr put me on a low-carb diet, so i eat <1300cal\day and <30g carbs\day and i've lost 25 lbs since november. i have 50 to go! i walk (can't run or do anything strenuous because of health issues) but so far, those three things are working well for me.
  • chase8oliver
    chase8oliver Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    As a trainer, I would really encourage you to hire a local personal trainer to help you with your goals. Whenever I have a bride-to-be client they always want to lose a lot of weight within a short amount of time. Although I can understand it, it's important to take on a sustainable approach to your diet and exercise. A personal trainer will really help you with this. Trust me. You don't want to be that bride who starves herself and does hours of cardio. Then once the wedding is over the binge eating marathons become the norm. I'm not saying that's what you would do, but I've seen this happen one too many times. The goal should be having a lean and fit body long after the wedding. Again, using a SUSTAINABLE method to your diet and exercise.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    i know there's mfp but there's a lot of forums like weddingbee with brides trying to lose- it would be helpful to be around people with the same goals. just remember that your dress may have to be altered so provide enough time for that- you don't want it falling down ;)
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Set your goal for 0.5-1 pound per week. Stick to that calorie goal. Weigh and log everything. Use correct entries (avoid homemade or generic). Drink water. Have patience.