I'm new

Options
I'm trying to lose weight since my diagnoses of diabetes. First when I started my Thyroid medicine I went from my high of 186 down to 147 and stalled there. Then came the Diabetes....since stopping drinking soda and indulging the sweets and other fattly stuff...I'm currently at 125.5. My Doctor wants at least 120. Since I'm only 5'1" tall.

Where as I feel better...I found that losing the "natural padding" makes sitting on hard chairs hurts..LOL! I lost my butt padding-which i never had much of to begin with. And what does one do with all the extra skin!?

Mostly the problem is belly fat..any suggestions..I look like a ball with sticks for arms and legs....sigh....

Some types of exercise are just not good for me to do..I'm 53 and have a bad back (car accident)-so sit-ups are more than painful or just impossible.

Replies

• 123cat
    123cat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Walking is always good. Do what you can, just do it!
  • iseeu1939
    iseeu1939 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and weigh 139.5. Started back on my diet this week. I ride a stationary bike and after about 15 min my tailbone area starts to hurt so I limit the exercise to 15 minute increments. I had my throid removed a long, long time ago. My problem is sweets. I am trying very hard to eat fruit when I feel the need to eat sweets. I have just stuck with it this week and I am determined to lose 20 pounds. I do my menu for the entire day as soon as I wake up. Dr. Oz states you should weigh as soon as you get up, exercise within 5 minutes of getting up and eat breakfast within one hour of getting up. This will jump start you metabolism. I do not enter my exercises until the end of the day as I do not wish to use the additional calories. Hopefully this will work. By the way I had back surgery about 7 years ago and stationary bike does not hurt me.
    :happy:
  • seto2112
    seto2112 Posts: 3
    Options
    Actually I love just riding a bike as I have no room for a stationary bike. The problem there is that I don't have one small enough-and I tend to fall off large ones. I know-go buy one...let's not talk about money problems. We bought seats with extra padding but then the bike is even taller....so right now I've opted for walking. Not to mention I'm a rabid photographer and walking helps me have time to find subjects. If I walk slowly I can walk for hours and hours. Does it come down to distance, pace or duration? When I walk at a fast pace-everything starts to hurt too soon. Also-I have a problem heat-it really gets to me.Hot humid days are really bad. If it's hot and dry I'm good. Small note on that-I don't know when to quit-and nearly killed myself a few times-literally- by not wanting to stop doing things in the heat.