Weekly "leftover" recipes needed...

Options
Hi all,

I like to plan my meals for the week ahead of time. I am a big fan of making a pot of low cal soup on Sunday for dunner and then using the leftovers for a couple of my meals during the week. Does anyone have any ideas of other recipes I can make ahead of time that will keep throughout the week?

-Lindsy

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I make this chili mac recipe quite often.
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I just added my recipe for chicken tortilla soup. It makes amazing leftovers and can be frozen.

PS. You can use any kind of rotisserie chicken, I used lemon pepper for inputting the recipe because it was the closest match.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Any kind of casserole.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I'm missing something, but almost any recipe will keep throughout the week. I make tons of stuff from Skinnytaste and I simply divide the finished product into however many servings the recipe calls for and then just eat one serving a day. If it's something like a sandwich I just assemble all the parts the day of.
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I often make this on Sunday, weight and portion out servings ahead of time and then use those portions all week to add to meals. There are a lot of things you can do with cooked chicken and the recipe is flexible and can be seasoned however you want.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Casseroles, lasagne (or any large batch of pasta, really), enchiladas...

You could also roast a couple of chickens and use the meat to make tacos, quesadillas, chicken salad, chicken sandwiches, etc. And obviously, you can use the bones to make a great stock for the low cal soups you normally make.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You can also make a main dish that can be "repurposed" throughout the week if you don't want to eat the same thing over and over. Roast chicken is great for that. I often make a roast chicken (or two-because teen boys) then use the leftovers for a chicken pot pie another night, and chicken soup or chili with the stock from the bones another night. You can do the same with a large beef roast.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    http://www.stilltasty.com

Most foods will be fine for 4-5 days after you prepare them.
    Some foods reheat better than others.
    You might do a search on the internet for once a month cooking or feeding the freezer or freezer meals for ideas.

Bean and cheese burritos
    Casseroles
    Soups
    Use leftover cooked meats in sandwiches, salads, eggs, pizza, stir fry, soup, pizza, casseroles, pasta.
  • lrugg2011
    lrugg2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    http://www.stilltasty.com

Most foods will be fine for 4-5 days after you prepare them.
    Some foods reheat better than others.
    You might do a search on the internet for once a month cooking or feeding the freezer or freezer meals for ideas.

Great advice, thank you!

Also, love all the other options posted as well. Thanks all!