NSV / SV and self realisation!

Options
tkb1985
tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
I've noticed I've begun my usual decline into not trying as hard. I haven’t been exercising as much, and haven’t been as strict with my food. I lost another 2lb this weigh in (this morning), and I honestly didn't expect it. It got me thinking about why that might be. Here’s what I've realised:

- I don’t even realise I’m doing it! Eating healthily that is. I've gone from snacking whenever I wanted to thinking about whether I really want something, to just knowing what are good portions sizes and what I should and shouldn't eat. It’s become second nature!
- By not cutting out the things I love (for ‘things I love’ read ‘CHOCOLATE’!) I’ve managed to stick this out properly. I’m not depriving myself of pleasure, just making myself work for it a bit. I factor in 1 mini bar of chocolate (or similar) a day, and that way I’ve stopped myself from craving it! And the best thing is that now I’ve been doing this a while, if I don’t have the calories left for the treat after my workout, I DON’T EAT IT.
- Even though I’ve been letting it go a bit, I haven’t stopped trying. Now that might not sound like much to some people, but I’ve never been able to stick to anything like this before. I always get bored, or just give up, or I stick out a 4 week diet then pile it all back on. Well it’s been 5 months, and I’m still going!
- When I realised this morning that I was letting myself down a bit, I said No! I walked to work this morning, and will walk home (something I was doing 3 days a week, and will do so again!) and ordered myself 2 new Jillian Michaels DVD’s to mix things up a bit.

I’ve lost 20lb in total now. I still don’t see the difference myself, but other people have said they are starting to notice it, so hopefully I’m just being overly critical. I’m 2.5lb away from half my goal weight, and I’m slowly beginning to realise that not only can I do this, but I’m already doing it.

Oh, and all those old diet books (you know the ones, some of you probably have some squirreled away somewhere like I did) made a very pretty bonfire! :happy:

Replies

• Nomarfan
    Nomarfan Posts: 36
    Options
    Congratulations! Its very impressive when you make yourself eat right for so long that it has become a habit! Good job and good luck!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Oh, and all those old diet books (you know the ones, some of you probably have some squirreled away somewhere like I did) made a very pretty bonfire! :happy:

Well done! Major congrats on your loss and on finding the gumption to continue.

The fad diet books also make great bed risers...in case anyone was wondering!
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this. Learning about other people's struggles and victories and perserverance is what I LOVE about this site. You are keeping me inspired today!!! :smile:
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the great work!

I know what you mean about not noticing it in yourself. You and your co-workers see it everyday and it doesn't look like much. As for me I have had a couple of wow moments - one was as I was walking past a mirror in the locker room and noticed that I was so much smaller than before, and the other was when I saw a picture that was taken over July 4th weekend and just staring at the picture because of the difference. Don't get me wrong I'm only about 1/2 way to my goal, but also down from a 16 pant to a 10. (If only the top would shrink - although that is down from an XL to a L. If you have any before pictures I would recommend having someone take a new picture and just looking at each of them.

I also don't completely avoid the foods I love, just have them in smaller quantities and less frequently.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!