Hi, I'm CG (new to MFP)

Options
KosmosKitten
KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
So, I'm a "refugee" from CC (Calorie Count). There are a wave of us showing up here with its closing in March. I would like new friends to talk to, engage and motivate (and to motivate me because I need a lot of it). I'm trying to lose a substantial amount (to me) and I've not yet managed to get down to my goal weight (though I've been trying off and on for about ten years to get there).

Please feel free to add me if you like. I look forward to browsing around and seeing what MFP offers that is different than CC. So far, I really like it!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm also a refugee.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....hoping you have great success on your journey ..I will add you :)
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....hoping you have great success on your journey ..I will add you :)

Thanks for the add! So far, I'm liking the community, although I tend to lurk in the shadows. :D
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm also a refugee.

Awesome! How do you like MFP so far? It's taken some getting used to on my end, but it doesn't seem at all like I remember (years ago). :)
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    So far so good. I like the forums!
  • KW1688
    KW1688 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Will add you! I'm new as of yesterday and just learning the ropes myself :)
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

So by chance, is the first portion of your user name a reference to the Elton John song? :)
  • L1zardQueen
    Options

So by chance, is the first portion of your user name a reference to the Elton John song? :)

Yes! Blue jean baby! Seamstress for the band!
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

I can't, but I wish I could like that a million times. Tiny Dancer is one my favorite songs. :)
  • L1zardQueen
    Options

I can't, but I wish I could like that a million times. Tiny Dancer is one my favorite songs. :)

Me too! I thought rocket woman but it sounded odd. Lol