New and shredding it!

Options
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm getting married in March 2012 but that's not why I am trying to lose weight. I also have PCOS (Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome) and I'm going to need to control my weight if we are to start a family. I hope by the time the wedding comes round I will be able either got my cycles back on track or able to get on the fertility wait list (The doctor I want to go with needs my BMI to be in the normal range...)

I started the 30 day shred (again lol) last Friday and I've been keeping up with it this time and I'm hoping you guys will help me. I couple it with Zumba and pilates, so one day shred one day Zumba/Pilates and I'm hoping to build up to doing both everyday!

So, 7 months to lose 50 pounds, definitely do able right? :)

Starry xx

Replies

• jwolff7
    jwolff7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    7 months to lose 50 pounds? Absolutely! I wish you good luck and determination and commitment. You can do it! :)
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo!! Girl you got this!! yes 50lbs in 7 mnths definitly doable! AND SUM! just stay on track, keeping eating the right kind of foods, and You will shed the lbs like butter, Just keep at it, and don't give up! make sure you have the proper things needed at home like Scale, measuring tape, and healthy foods in your fridge! Good luck to ya! :)

-Jess
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I think you are headed in the right direction. The main thing that will get you to your goal is what you eat. I would clean up my diet as much as possible (whole grains, veggies, some fruit, lean protein). I started with small changes such as working on lowering my sodium and sugar which means less processed/pre-packaged foods and less sugary drinks/snacks. Without these changes your workouts won't be fuel with the right nutrition.
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Definitely doable! I also have PCOS, so I know how much more difficult it is to lose compared to someone without it. I'm also wanting to try Zumba out and to give the 30DS another try (just the first day of it was brutal for me, ha).
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Very cool; that is what I am doing right now in terms of working out. I currently do both workouts now. I am on level 2 and then I incorporate Zumba in after Shred (It did not take to long to be able to do both). I also do The 6 week Abs, Yoga and Pilates! Love Pilates!
    Welcome to the site you will find a ton of support and motivation in it! :happy:
  • Sam426f
    Sam426f Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree, totally do able! Good luck and feel free to add me, I find all the posts really help with my motivation.

Zumba is so much fun, I am going tonight, it's just such a shame the mirrors have confirmed that I don't actually dance as well as I thought I could! Practice makes perfect!

Welcome on board, keep us posted with any developments.

x
  • Starrilicious
    Options
    Thanks guys, such a warm welcome! So glad some of you are from London too.

Sj20fame and getfitdiva, I'm lucky to have a wonderful fiance who is a great cook and is making me yummy healthy foods. He's also a trained personal trainer but I do NOT want him to train me, I quite like him at the moment, lol.

Zhak, yeah it is more difficult to lose weight when you have PCOS. Zumba is sooo much fun. I used to go every week but my class got cancelled :(. Now I do a video version which is still fun but not quite as good as a real class.

Sam426f, haha some of those moves are hard, I thought I was a good dancer too!