Legs!!

Options
I'm looking for a workout that i can do at home that will burn the fat off my thighs and give me those killer legs that look great in skirts and shorts. :happy: Anything helps!! Thanks.

Replies

• bkube01
    bkube01 Posts: 20
    Options
    Squats.
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find anything that helped until I started running. I have long, lean legs now and can finally see the muscle definition in my thighs. It's great!
  • dorothyn21
    Options
    Try pilates. That's what I do and it has really changed the look of my legs.
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    or go ride a bike!! thats always a good one too! and good for ur core!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    There is no work out that will target the fat and burn ONLY the fat on your legs. That is called spot reducing, and unfortunately we have no control over that. If your body wants to remove all the fat from your upper body first before it decides the fat is coming off of anywhere else, that is what it is going to do...

With that said, I recommend Kim Kardashians "Fit in your Jeans by Friday" Butt Body Sculpt.

It is a lower body work out, lots of squats, lunges, leg lifts, etc... Its a really good work out, and I have seen lots of toning going on in my legs.

I would also suggest that you start running. That has helped me beyond anything else. I know you are probably cringing especially if you are one of those people who HATES running (I was one of them too once) but it is sooo good for you!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My legs have dropped the weight. Walking.....fast.....apparently has done that. I couldnt understand why everything else didnt look as good as my legs...and a friend said..."You walk....you jog every now and then.....everything you are doing is working your what? I was like.....ok....I get it. I just need to start working out other ways as well..... Do you walk or run? : ) Good luck!: )
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find anything that helped until I started running. I have long, lean legs now and can finally see the muscle definition in my thighs. It's great!

This^^^^
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    OH...I forgot....I have been riding a bike too! :)
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Running has done it for me!! And I love it !!
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    yup running does the trick. i dropped all my plateau weight running. however, you should also alternate with leg days. squats and lunges if ur doing an at-home workout. there are plenty of ways to do both - just google it. try around-the world lunges (front-reverse-side) and plie squats...
  • k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    Options
    squats are good yep!! ive also been pushing 70kgs on the seated leg press at the gym, reps of 12, starting low at 20kgs and building up to 70kgs over each set....ive already noticed a change in the back of my knees and everything there seems to be smoothing out instead of being all gross.

also the bike is good, sitting at 25 minutes of level 10 then bringing it down to 5 for 5 min then back up to 10 for 5 min.

but im noticing the biggest diff on the tread work, 25mins of a fat burn programme on a 14 incline at 5.0 speed, wow what a burn, and as the speed is low and the incline is high the sweat pours off!!!! love it!

xx
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    This has made a significant change on my legs for the last 10 days!
    30 day shred with Jillian Michaels, 8 min legs on u tube and/or 8 minutes legs with Alyssa White (pilates on tube)! I do all three everyday for 30 days!

Hope this helps, Rosie
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to agree with the running thread. I have started the c25k (couch to 5K) training. I down loaded the app on my Ipod. It is great. It starts you out slowly with running walking intervals and each week increases your running time. I have never considered myself a runner. It was always soooooo hard, but this makes it manageable. I know I don't have to run the whole thing. I can walk when the little voice say "walk".
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options

Running & biking - combined both into your workout regimen. They work great together.

Me, too - I have never felt so great in all of my 41 years!

Hats off to you! :wink:
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my suggestions:
    Get a fit ball (or exercise ball, or whatever you wanna call it).

1) Legs slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, ball in front of you. Place your fingertips on the ball and squat. As you come down roll the ball forward. (Make sure you're sticking your rear out, like you're sitting down into a chair) As you come back up, roll the ball in towards you.

2) Also, you can do squats on the wall with the ball at your lower back. Lean into the ball as you squat down...it'll naturally roll up your spine.

3) Try also squatting with your toes turned outwards to feel it more in the inner thigh.

4) You can also squat while holding the ball over your head. (there's a hundred ways to squat)

5) Lay on your back with your heels on the ball, knees at a 90 degree angle. Press your heels into the ball and lift your butt off the ground. Extend upwards until your hips are completely extended. Then release and bring your rear back to the ground. You'll feel this one in the hamstrings and glutes. After you've mastered doing this with both legs on the ball, you can do it with one leg on the ball and the opposite leg extended.

6) Sitting on the ball, with feet on the floor, do single leg extensions. Be sure to really squeeze the quad muscles as you extend. If you do 6-8 with your toe up, then 6-8 with your toe turned in and then 6-8 with your toe turned out, you'll work those quads from different angles and really feel it by the end of that set.

7) Calf raises - on a step, or very solid book, or on the ground. You can do these with both feet, or single leg. Also, turn the toes inward and outward (like in the above exercise) to hit the calves at different angles.

Those are just a few ideas to get you going. Of course everything starts with diet and a good exercise routine. We can't burn fat off one specific part of the body when we want to. It'll burn wherever your body wants to burn it (most likely, the last place you put it on is the first place you'll burn it off). Those exercises will definitely work your legs though, and mostly use just your body weight as resistance, so very easy to do at home, or in a hotel...or anywhere, really.
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    I use Youtube for my strength training. Do a search for leg exercises. I do my legs twice a week and I have definitely seen great results. :)

Edit: I forgot to say.... I can't run so I walk on the treadmill at a high incline. All of this combined my thighs have thinned out. Like someone said you can't spot reduce but the combination of what I am doing has helped my thighs thin out.
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    or go ride a bike!! thats always a good one too! and good for ur core!

<
    was gonna say the exact same thing.
  • holli3586
    holli3586 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Looks like i need to start running!! I hate the heat but want to have killer legs, sick of mine. :) Thanks everyone.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has said, running! I also do a lot of squats, lunges, and jump training in addition to running, and it totally helps my legs like no other. You definitely want to cross-train with squats and things like that in addition to running, too, because it will help strengthen muscles that running doesn't target, but it will compliment them, so that you don't end up with injuries.