Midwest Heat Wave

Options
13»

Replies

• KJLDavies
    KJLDavies Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here in Central Iowa as well with Heat Index of 113 - 123 with humidity at 53% - 63%! I don't even like when it hits the 80s, so I'm dying in this weather! I feel like I'm melting!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Been in the 90's and 100's ever since the tornado here in Joplin...and only 1 day of rain since that week...it's hot and dry!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I live in California were it was 84 degrees with ZERO humidity today, but on Friday I leave for Minnesota. Allow me to apologize for the blood-curdling scream that will emanate from me when I step off the plane. And may I suggest you all move to California. The weather is amazing and we desperately need your tax revenue.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    90 degrees is normal for summer in STL hehe! That plus the humidity that I lovingly refer to as "Satan's armpit sweat" is just sooo lovely :mad:

Our heatwave is looking to be around 100, but even that I don't find too awful as long as I don't have to spend a lot of time outside or I'm not actively trying to look nice (otherwise my face melts off and my clothes stick to me, ughh)
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm in east central IL. I'm on vacay from work this week and the kids and I are spending the week in the pool!!!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    >Hear about heat wave on national news.
    >Chuckle because it's like this every summer in Florida + a lot more humidity.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    86F here in Nova Scotia, Canada at 9:30 a.m. - with humidity feels more like 90F. They're calling for a thunder storm. Hope it will clear the air. (So glad hubby installed the A/C yesterday!)
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hot here in North Carolina. I get off work at 4, but have set my air conditioning to come on at 6. It's my motivation to go to the air conditioned GYM!! Bwhahah
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Mid-Missouri here. Gonna have heat indexes in the 100's all week. I usually run at 4pm outdoors... not this week :cry:

Same here in Indy...and I passed a lady after work yesterday running outside at 4:30pm on pavement!! :noway: I don't know what the temp was, but the heat index had to be 100 at that time....plus the heat from the pavement!!
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    With the heat index it's supposed to be like 120! Ugghhhhhhh Eff you Iowa!!
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    <--- lives in Iowa as well.

So hot!
  • jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    In DFW it finally cooled off to a brisk 99 the last few days. Spent weeks over 100!

But really, the only difference between this summer and other summers is that we've been 100+ since early June instead of late June...
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Simply enjoying the hell out of it. This is the only thing that keeps me in Michicrap -- it sure as heck isn't the winter mess. And If the mortgage crisis hadn't gotten us all upside down on the mortgage, I would have been in Arizona a long time ago!

I also find "staying cool" in the summer is so much more fun than "Staying warm" in the winter. Swimming, sitting in the cold tub, cool drink in the shade, garden parties...can't be beaten by warm blankets and wool sweaters. Yeah, you can say "fire place" but I'll counter with bonfire and camp fire!

Bring it on, love the heat!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options

And sometimes in the winter
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    <--- lives in Iowa as well.

So hot!

My earlier post was incorrect. Looks like the heat index hit 126 degrees yesterday. Made the Drudge report. This heat is horrible.
  • littlesuzieq
    littlesuzieq Posts: 103
    Options
    Mid-Minnesota here. The heat is outrageous. They said that the humidity levels here were higher than in the Amazon jungle. WTH? We went biking last night - I think that there should be an "extra calories burned" section when it's that hot/humid out! :laugh:
  • letstrythisagain
    Options
    I can't imagine how life was like 50+ years ago when there was no central air!
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options

And sometimes in the winter

Yep....fellow Floridian here. It's hot but it always is in the summer.