Options
TexasOilMan
TexasOilMan Posts: 6 Member
Never can fall sleep, ugh...

Replies

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    It's actually 8 am here :) So not an night owl but howdy ;)
  • secret_despair30
    secret_despair30 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Nearly 2am here....hi!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
  • jenneemally
    jenneemally Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I work nights at a prison... never sleep. So draining
  • ToriDawn313
    ToriDawn313 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love staying up late and hate mornings. My job really cuts into my sleep time since I start work at 7am.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I fight insomnia every day. I have fought it since I was probably 14. It takes me on average at least 2 hours to fall asleep, and that's usually with some help (melatonin, ZzQuil, Benadryl, etc.). I tend to get up at barely before 5am on days that I work out, then I work out from 5:30-7am. You'd think I'd be sleepy by the time 9-10pm hits.. and I am... but sleep is denied most of the time without much effort. I've learned to live with it by going to bed earlier to unwind, and by taking Benadryl or Melatonin infrequently. I have allergies so the Benadryl is usually my go-to. For a few years I worked night shift and loved it. But even then, I would come home and would want to sleep immediately through the morning hours and could not. My body would want to stay awake until afternoon to sleep. No matter what schedule I choose daily my body pretty much fights me on it. So I catch up on weekends most of the time, usually getting an extra 2-3 hours of sleep on Saturday or Sunday.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I'm neither a night own or a day bird.. I'm more of a permanently exhausted pigeon!
    (Yeah, I stole that from a meme somewhere lol).

But, it's 3:30pm here.. all the same, not being able to sleep sucks!
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hour night shifts. My sleep is always weird even on off day.