B12 Injections???

Options
I've been reading a lot about B12 injections, I understand that they are not an effective weight loss tool, however I've read that they increase your energy levels and may reduce headaches (which I am suffering from both or lack there of) I am looking for personal experiences from other MFPs. Was it worth taking? How much? How often? Did you notice an increase in energy? These are the details that are hard to find so any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    i take b6 & b12 injections weekly. they help keep your metabolism up, which gives you more energy. i've been taking them since january & i've lost 75 lbs, so i think they've definitely helped my diet.
  • mmildice
    mmildice Posts: 63
    Options
    I was feeling really run down and went to see my doctor. He had me come back once a week for about eight weeks and they gave me the injections at the office. It was worth every penny. My energy level went through the roof. He did tell me to come back anytime i wanted but havent since. I was thinking yesterday of getting some more.
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    That's great, how much do you take? 1 cc, weekly?
  • thoette
    thoette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken the injections but I do take a sublingual pill (they dissolve on your tongue so they get into your system faster) and it has really helped my energy level. I didn't notice when I took the regular pill though because I have problems absorbing it. I can tell when I miss a day!
  • mmildice
    mmildice Posts: 63
    Options
    That's great, how much do you take? 1 cc, weekly?

I'm not sure but that sounds about right.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I don't know about B12 injections, but could assume that your body can only metabolize so much B12, and the rest would be naturally evacuated from the body. I do have one question; is it lack of energy or lack of motivation? We all suffer from lack of motivation from time to time. I have realized the whole weight loss/exercise experience to me, is one big mind game that I play, daily. I prefer the natural endorphines to anything I can eat, or inject. Just a thought.
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have used these and they do give you a burst of energy. I loved them. But they are rathere expensive if you get them every week. $20.00, I think. I don't use them anymore because of the expense. But, if I could afford them, I would! LOVE them!
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I used to get a B12 injection once a month and while it had no effect on my weightloss what so ever, it did boost my energy. It did not leave me jittery or anything, it just made me feel the way I think you are supposed to feel rather than the normal sluggishness that we all usually feel. I did notice that it only lasts about a week though so you would have to get them pretty often to sustain the effects. Also I'm not sure if it is something that your body would get used to, so not sure if you would need more and more as time when on.
  • enela
    enela Posts: 9
    Options
    I have been using the pills that melt under your tongue and they do help give me energy. My sister took the B12 injections and SWORE they helped her lose weight.
  • jsoaper01
    jsoaper01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i give myself weekly b12 shots that are precribed. I also take vitamin d and iron. I dont know about b 6 now i am wondering