Body Beast In 2017

Options

Replies

• December1979
    December1979 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Build legs for me today....it wears me out! It will be interesting to do bulk legs next week!
  • Gr84cstr
    Gr84cstr Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    rachellech wrote: »
    I don't follow the diet plan because it is not ideal for my training and my trainer has me on a different diet plan...goal is 16% body fat...:) Good luck everyone! As Sagi says, Whatever It Takes!..lol.

Welcome Rachellech. I am curious how your menu plan works, especially since we have common goals. Granted, I am not into bodybuilding competitions, unless you consider looking good at the beach.

Mike
  • Gr84cstr
    Options
    Build legs for me today....it wears me out! It will be interesting to do bulk legs next week!

That one, to me, is the toughest. Keep at it!
  • fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Gr84cstr wrote: »
    fitin50s2 wrote: »
    To be upfront...I no longer do it with the DVD's though. I have the entire "Bulk path" charted out which is what I use. I've modified a few of the routines as well (substituting). I tend to want to go a tiny bit slower than the DVD's so I do it without and am able to take my time.

I agree Fitin50s, I do not use the DVDs anymore either. I found Sagi annoying at times and his pace was occasionally too quick for me. I have a binder next to my dumbbells with each workout sheet printed with a few modifications. Now I blast to room with my own music playlist and hit to weights and/or resistance bands.

Looking forward to getting back into the program today after a week battling the flu.

Mike

Glad you are feeling better.

Sounds like we are on the same page. Binder and modifications included. I also came up with a 10 minute Ab sequence that incorporates moves from H&C, 21DFX and Body Beast. I know many don't like spending time doing Ab work. I enjoy it assuming it's short.
  • Gr84cstr
    Options
    fitin50s2 wrote: »
    Sounds like we are on the same page. Binder and modifications included. I also came up with a 10 minute Ab sequence that incorporates moves from H&C, 21DFX and Body Beast. I know many don't like spending time doing Ab work. I enjoy it assuming it's short.

Thanks. I use P90X Ab Ripper twice a week instead of Body Beast's ab routine.
  • rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike (Gr84cstr) - I am doing a low fat (50-60g/day), moderate carb (no higher than 100g/day), and high protein diet (150-200g/day). I try to stick to 1600/1700 cal/day (a little more than what my trainer suggests at the moment - 1300/1400 but I have to listen to my body and I'm pretty active). Good luck on your training!
  • Gr84cstr
    Options
    Cue up Aerosmith's "Back in the Saddle"

It felt really good to get back into the program after almost a week recovering from the flu. I did not do anything crazy like my scheduled doubles. I will save that for Friday. Today I cranked up the tunes and did Body Beast Bulk Shoulders, which is one of my favorites. Tomorrow is a 3-mile run and P90X Abs Ripper. Then Friday it is back to doubles with Bulk Chest/Build Back.

Thanks, Rachelleech. If I am getting the percentage correct, you are doing roughly 25% fat, 25% carb, 50% protein (give or take). Let me know how the results go. I am aiming for 20% fat, 40% carbs, and 40% protein, although I may drop the carbs down next month based on how things go.

I hope everyone has had a great first half of the week and is pushing themselves.

Mike
  • Gr84cstr
    Options
    Ran for 16 minutes in 30mph winds and P90X's Ab Ripper X. Food was right on the mark. Tomorrow is FRIDAY! Keep pushing yourself.
  • Gr84cstr
    Options
    Another blessed day at work, even though there were times when I was looking at the clock and wishing it was time to go home. Nonetheless, it is now the weekend!

I walked in the door and took a quick 15-minute nap to recharge my batteries after working on the computer all day in the office. Once that timer went off, I was out of my work clothes and into the workout clothes. Today I hit Body Beast Bulk Chest and Bulk Back and felt so good to be back into the double routines again. I also did a little thinking in between sets.

A Gatorade Protein Recovery Bar is freakin' amazing. This is a protein bar I could very easily stuff my face with all day long. However, it has a lot of sugar in it, which seems to put me over my goals on MFP. If I can order these bars at $1.50 each and they provide 20g of protein, how much chicken would that be equal to and which would be cheaper?

Chicken is roughly 6g of protein per ounce, so I would need 3 1/2 ounces, but let's round that up to 4 ounces for argument's sake. I can buy 2-lbs of chicken, or 32 ounces, for $4. This means I can eat just as much protein for only $0.50, and without the sugar.

I am not saying a lump of chicken is better than a protein bar post-workout, but as far as a midday snack goes, I think I am going to change my habits and go with a small piece of chicken with various seasonings.

Keep pushing yourself!
  • Gr84cstr
    Options
    Yesterday I ran 3 miles and did Body Beast Bulk Arms and Build Legs. Great workout day! I hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • Gr84cstr
    Options
    It's the start of a new exercise month, which means changing up the menu plan. February will cut the carbs in half, bump up the protein and fat, and increase the cardio. Have to keep variety in the workout strategy.

Hope everyone is having a great week.
  • Stosha2319
    Stosha2319 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's only Tuesday and already ready for the week to be over. Fell down my stairs this morning after waking my daughter up for school, tripped over boxes at work, choked on my coffee this morning. Then choked on my lunch. Today isn't my day!

Dr orders to take it easy for 24 hours, so kinda bummed.

Hope everyone is having a good day and making progress!
  • fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Stosha2319 wrote: »
    It's only Tuesday and already ready for the week to be over. Fell down my stairs this morning after waking my daughter up for school, tripped over boxes at work, choked on my coffee this morning. Then choked on my lunch. Today isn't my day!

Dr orders to take it easy for 24 hours, so kinda bummed.

Hope everyone is having a good day and making progress!

Ouch....

I've been sick the last 5 - 6 days but have tried to do my best pushing forward with my routines. "Bulk Back Day" was today. I love doing the Pull Overs.. My back always feels better when I'm done with those.
  • Gr84cstr
    Options
    Stosha2319 wrote: »
    Fell down my stairs this morning after waking my daughter up for school, tripped over boxes at work, choked on my coffee this morning. Then choked on my lunch. Today isn't my day

I hope your day improves and you get to feeling better. Look at the blessings, it was not worse than it was.

Mike
  • Gr84cstr
    Options
    Yesterday and today were both great workout days for me. I was looking for additional cardio without resorting to running all the time, so I checked out the base fitness center nearest my office to see what it had to offer. I was immediately sold when I saw the rowing machines. I LOVE rowing machines!

So I rowed for 27 minutes followed by Body Beast Bulk Chest. Now, I will say it is somewhat difficult to get exactly the weights you want when you are at a public fitness center, but for the most part I was able to sustain a constant workout. I will say I was a little disheartened, however, when I saw the Marine next to me, also doing incline presses, but with dumbbells THREE TIMES as heavy as mine. It did not help matters I was wearing shorts with the Air Force logo on it. I felt very small in that weight room!

Today I was focused on Bulk Back and Shoulders, so I headed immediately to the cables so I could do reverse cable rows. Once I knocked those out, it was all dumbbells from there on. My upper body was feeling smoked by the time I was done, after which I headed over to the incumbent bicycle and biked for 30 minutes. I am determined to add the two additional days of cardio without always running.

Today my menu was almost spot on.... 51% protein, 29% fat, 20% carbs. It is only two days into the second phase, but I plan to keep this up until around the 10th of March.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Mike
  • sbcmuse
    sbcmuse Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am interested in purchasing the body beast dvds. What equipment would I need? I only have dumbbells and have noticed in the infomercials they have benches and bars. Can I do this work out with out those items? As much info as possible is welcome.
  • sbcmuse
    Options
    I am currently doing insanity max 30 but I miss weight training.
  • KaleChipz
    KaleChipz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    sbcmuse wrote: »
    I am interested in purchasing the body beast dvds. What equipment would I need? I only have dumbbells and have noticed in the infomercials they have benches and bars. Can I do this work out with out those items? As much info as possible is welcome.

Minimal equipment needed I think are dumbbells, stability ball and resistance bands
  • sbcmuse
    Options
    Thank you.
  • german_b
    german_b Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sbcmuse wrote: »
    Thank you.

Highly recommend a bench tho