Do you feel satisfied with the way you look?

Options
In my mind I have this idea that once I reach my goal weight I'll be happy and satisfied with the way my body looks.

I was just wondering whether this was the case for you once you hit your goal? If not, do you think you'll ever be satisfied with the way you look?

Replies

• HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit my goal yet. I've lost 36lbs and have about 19 to go. I still feel exactly the same as I did 36lbs ago, and feel like I look the same. I 'hope' I'll be satisfied, but truth is I don't think I will be. I think once you have self esteem issues and confidence issues from being overweight, it takes longer for you to love yourself and feel differently.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel much much better now. It did help with my self confidence a lot, and definitely the overall health. One thing I can recommend everyone is to take some photos and see your progress through them. Since you see yourself in the mirror everyday, sometimes the difference is lost on you but if you check the older photos from the front and side, you will notice the difference for sure.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you have to learn to love yourself regardless of your weight.... being overweight/underweight/normal weight should not and does not define you as a person.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Having been at my goal weight (and now back up again) I can say I do feel much better about myself without the extra weight but no, it's not a magic bullet that makes me 100% happy with my appearance. But I'm not striving for physical perfection. At this point in my life it's all about balance. I want to be healthier and fitter, I want to be able to travel with our kids before they leave for college, and I want to enjoy these fleeting years as much as possible.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I'm at my original goal.

I look like I used to, just a little older and less muscular - which is changing.

I'm happy with my body. I fit into my old nice wardrobe. I am not invisible anymore. Most importantly I have physically.

I only had a little to lose though (13.4 kg). I have never been really overweight.
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I wrote this in the success stories not too long ago.

In my entire weight loss journey, never once has there been a moment where I've instantly started feeling good about myself. I truly believed that the day I hit my UGW, everything would just...fall into place and self-love would just come magically floating down around me. Still hasn't happened.
    Self-love is a process. There is no direct link between how good you feel about you and your body and the relationship you have with gravity. It can help but it often requires more work mentally than seeing whatever on the scale. I love me and my body because I'm worth it, because my body is a vessel that takes me through this lifetime, and regardless of what it looks like, it deserves that love.

Good luck, OP (:
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've always had a big belly and even when I drop weight that belly doesn't leave. I'm happy with my chest and shoulders and my legs though. But the belly... that's something that has always been a huge issue for me.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    HappiER. There's no dislike or self-loathing. But my body is one of my hobbies now. I want to tweak this and that. Rounder butt, more tapered back, visible lines in thighs and arms.

Eta: I answered regarding appearance, but I wanted to add that the way I FEEL and the things I can DO are so much awesome and are the most important part of this whole thing. & yes I want to continue to improve those as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!