New to this...

Hello, I'm new to this... I also have over 100lbs to lose. My first goal is 25 lbs. I started at 269lbs on Jan. 9th and I'm down 11 lbs. I have been feeling good about the journey so far.... much better than other times I have tried to lose weight. My hard thing is exercise! I hate it... I have been doing Wii Just dance with my kids just to get moving but I have to step it up. I would love to connect with people to support each other in our journey.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Great job so far on the loss! Stick to it and you will reach your goal. As far as exercise it really isn't necessary for weight loss. Calorie deficits are more important. Since you have at least 100 pounds to lose 1.5-2 pounds a week is a fairly attainable goal. This will probably slow down the closer you get to a healthy weight, but for now I would just make sure you are meeting your calorie goal. Weigh your food. Use correct entries when you log (no homemade or generic). Have patience. Some weeks you will lose more than others and some weeks you may stall. Weight loss isn't linear so just keep going with the ultimate goal in mind. Feel free to add for support!
  • truthful_foods
    truthful_foods Posts: 2 Member
    Hello,

My name is Meg Roberts and I am the founder of Truthful Foods: Positive Aging Nutrition Counselling. I have earned my Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Nutrition and Food as well as my Gerontology (Science of Aging) certificate from Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada.

I work with my clients one-on-one online, over the phone and in person to set & acheive specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time bound goals.

To learn more about my nutrition counselling services visit my website: www.truthfulfoods.ca

I am a mother of one. I enjoy jogging, cycling, hiking and fishing. My favourite cuisines are Italian, Japanese, Thai and Indian.

I look forward to connecting with you on My Fitness Pal!
  • cake91
    cake91 Posts: 46 Member
    Hello
    Well done on your weight loss :).

When i first started mfp i counted calories and did swimming. When i felt more confident i started to exercise at the gym. I found the more i exercised the more i began to enjoy it :).

Good luck on your journey x
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Welcome you really can do this, you need to stay focused, take one day at a time, and log everything, a digital food scale is a must. If you need to ask anything do drop a message.
  • coltmama16
    coltmama16 Posts: 5 Member
    In 2009, I weighed in at 310 pounds. I dropped down to 230, but several years later I was up to 250. Even at 250 (I am 6'0) I was content at that weight- I was going to kickboxing 3-4 times a week and I was happy with my body. I gained quite a bit of weight during my pregnancy and I haven't been able to lose any of it. I am back up to 295 pounds! My son is almost 10 months old (He turns 1 on March 12). I would love friends to connect with and help me on my journey of getting back down to my pre pregnancy weight. I would appreciate all the help! Please add me :)
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Welcome! I've got well over 100 lbs to go. I'm finding that the MFP community is really helping me to stay accountable. Seeing everyone's success keeps me from going through the drive thru. I'm down over 40 lbs! Congrats on your loss!

I sent you a friend request!
  • Stacylynn1977
    Stacylynn1977 Posts: 42 Member
    I have 200 lbs to lose and need motivation as well, I am doing youtube zumba workouts, i definitely need to step it up as well. Feel free to add me on here, I doing keep my diary open and hope you do the same, as it helps me get ideas of what to eat.