Starting P90X today..

Options
Wish me luck! I always give up within a week of starting a new exercise program. Any tips to keep going? I've got my "before" pictures taken and hope to see at least some difference after the first 30 days.

Replies

• dontbemad
    dontbemad Posts: 1
    Options
    good luck! after a while I find the instructor's voice annoying so I listen to it on silent w/ cues only with my own music.
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good luck and have fun doing it.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am now starting the Phase 2 recovery week - feeling good so far!
  • skymichele
    skymichele Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and it was a great workout. My only advice is go at your own pace. Remember to write down your reps and such so you see your progress over the weeks. :) Good luck! :)
  • sunshineskiddo
    sunshineskiddo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to see how you like it. I myself get really bored and annoyed with stuff like this to so please let me know maybe i will try it :happy:
  • ksquire
    ksquire Posts: 2
    Options
    Like Tony will tell you, just show up. It's a demanding program, and at times you will get frustrated. Just do your best and you will see how rewarding it is in the end.
  • ravgirly
    ravgirly Posts: 32
    Options
    Awesome! You're going to love it! And if you stick with the program, you WILL see results. Just remember not to overdo it at first. You could end up so sore that it delays your workouts for days. Follow the schedule and modify where needed. I highly recommend the recovery drink to help replenish glycogen stores after your workout. Eat clean, drink lots of water, get plenty of rest and get ready to Bring It!!!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I also started today!!!! G'luck! Feel free to add me. Would love to have and give the extra support.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I finished it about 2 1/2 months ago, then immediately did Insanity, which I just finished Sunday. I started seeing results in the 2 and 3 months. It's quite a time commitment, and I think that's why so many give it up. Just keep "pressing play" and "bringing it" and it will change your life!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting!! I echo what everyone here has said with one addition. If you bought P90X from Beachbody, you have a free coach. Find out who that is and keep in touch with him or her. The coaches are there to support you, answer your questions and give you guidance. Beachbody does not just sell workout programs. They know that people who have support are more successful. That is why they created Team Beachbody and the Coach network. Use it. If you have no clue if you have a coach or not, let me know and I'll help you figure it out.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    good luck I am on my second round of P90X! feel free to friend me I love it!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Good luck! And I agree work with your coach they will help you stay motivated and answer any questions you have!
  • bbrwneyes
    bbrwneyes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just got the CD's last night so I think me and hubby will be starting today as well. Can't wait to see the results. Any other P90Xers (lol) out there, I'll need all the motivation I can get so please feel free to add me as a friend

Can't wait to see the results :happy:
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    Wish me luck! I always give up within a week of starting a new exercise program. Any tips to keep going? I've got my "before" pictures taken and hope to see at least some difference after the first 30 days.

Hey man......Kick ASSSS!
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    What helped me keep going was having the schedule printed out and being able to cross it off every day after I was done. When it got tough I told myself I would just finish this week and if I still wanted to quit I would... But I haven't yet. Now, I will say this, my P90X will be more like P112X - but who cares!!! I just keep going on. I can't wait to say I am a P90X grad in 3 more weeks!!

BTW - I was scared to death the first week - this is way more intense than I was used to, but just do what you can!!! It's not as scary as people think.
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Tip!
    If you lose intrest or get board change a cardio (plyometrics, kempox) with another cardio workout like running/jogging, biking, swimming or if you have other dvds use a cardio from another workout set.
    Make this work for you. I usually get board too but I have Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire so I sometimes change my P90X cardio for one of those.
    Join an accountability/motivation group. I have one and we all keep eachother jumped to the best of our ability. I love it beacuse I know that I have someone that has my back and I can talk to them about challenges that I am facing and they will give me input and positive thoughts regarding that.
    Schedule your workouts ahead of time. Dont let anything else block that time and you know you will if you dont schedule it. When you are working out dont answer the phone or door. That time is for YOU! Think of it like an unreschedulable doctors appoinment, you wouldnt miss those so dont miss exercise either.
    I am in week 6 of P90X and I did have to redo week 5 becasue I just was feeling lazy, I aint gunna lie. So instead of giving up on it all Like I would normally do I just redid week 5 and continued on from there.
    Advice:
    You will probably not drop alot of pounds in the begining. That is what I thought. But becasue you are weight training you may even gain some weight in the first 30days because you are building muscle. I lost 5lbs, but lost about 4% (or more) body fat, lost inches all over and MOST importantly I have seem tone, shape, and muscle that was not there before.
    I say this becasue I get discouraged it I do not see lower #'s on the scale. When I am now learning to see positive changes in other areas then the scale....like when I flex my arm or leg, or notice my pants are now fitting lose. make sure you look to those more then you do the scale.
    You will do great and if you ever need that motivation just come to my page and I will help however I can!
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing play. Every day. Modify until you can do it. Don't get discouraged in the first 30 days. Big changes come at 60 and 90. Follow the nutrition plan (or at least a close approximation). Utilize your BeachBody Coach, or find one, or find someone on MFP to do it. The plan works. I've got a thread with my results. And a blog post of my honest review of the program. It works. Do your best and forget the rest.

Bring it!
  • t_prentice1
    Options
    Wow, just finished the Chest & Back workout and I was pretty humbled. I knew I was out of shape, but I literally can't do more than 5 pullups and 3 pushups! holy crap.. I didn't realize I was THAT out of shape!!