HELP!

Options
Hi i'm completely new to all this, only really just starting to understand the terms used in fitness, my stats: 20 years old, 5ft 9 and 183lb's want to get rid of fat and try tone up, im really looking for anyones advice for what i should be eating, im currently eating between 1000-1200 calories a day and hoping to get to the gym 3 times a week, 2 for weights and one for cardio. So basically would love for people to chuck ideass at me, does this look like a good plan?
Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Options
    Eat 1200-1500 for a start so your body functions properly and then work your backside off!
  • Donnaeverett
    Options
    If you are working out regularly you should be eating a minimum of 1200 calories a day. You should be eating lots of protein and try to limit your fat grams to as few as possible. I just recently started eating healthier to lose weight and started an exercise program to get in shape. I do 30 minutes of weight training 3 - 4 days a week and 30 minutes of cardio 4 days a week. Since beginning this program I have averaged a loss of about 2 pounds a week. This is a healthy weight loss. Also, make sure you are drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. Eating healthy has to become a lifestyle change for you and not just a diet! Good luck!!!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi GF,
    In addition to the above comments (great advice btw), for toning, you may want to also include lean protein, and for added protein, try protein shakes. I mix whey powder (apartame and rBGH free), with unsweetened almond milk. It's low cal, low fat, and low carb, and it curbs the hunger!! Best of luck on your journey!
  • Georgefathers
    Options
    Thanks for all great advice! I'm probably going to hit weights 4/5 times a week with a nice warm up and cool down working different muscle sections, i shall let you know how i get on :)