Has anyone tried Shakeology from Beachbody?

Options
I've heard so many great things about it. Just wondering if it is too good to be true.

Looking for people's experience with it.

Replies

• AB1418
    AB1418 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have. It is good, it is not a life changer though. Not sure what you are looking for from it
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I did years ago. I thought it pretty much sucked. And is/was waaaaaaay too expensive for what it is/was.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Shakeo: Mediocre, vastly overpriced product sold by unqualified "coaches" who are part of an MLM scheme. :)
  • irejb12
    irejb12 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    AB1418 wrote: »
    I have. It is good, it is not a life changer though. Not sure what you are looking for from it

I heard that it is a meal replacement packed with a lot of nutrients. I'm interested in trying it, but wanted to hear others' experiences with it first .

• AB1418
    AB1418 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I will give it that if I drank one in the morning (you have to mixed it with other stuff or it's unbearable), it would keep me full until lunch. But I don't think that is any different from others that are cheaper. It ends up being about $110 a month, plus you have to buy the fruit and whatever else you want to mix with it.
  • irejb12
    irejb12 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

Thanks for the article! It's very informative. I'm having second thoughts about getting Shakeology.

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Waste of $$$$$

If you want to drink a smoothie for a meal, buy your own protein powder for 1/16 of the cost and add whatever you want. Done.

Don't be fooled by some overly hyped MLM scheme
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Overpriced meal replacement powder that tastes awful. There is nothing magical about it. If you are looking for a cheaper, better tasting alternative buy a good protein powder and take a multivitamin and probiotic.

ETA: The only people that sing about its miraculous powers are the BB "coaches"
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I think it's overpriced and it tasted like chalk to me. I was even offered a free container from my friend who hated it too. It's mediocre in terms of quality. But I would rather invest in quality protein and make my own shake.

https://labdoor.com/review/shakeology/report
  • ohiobobcat97
    ohiobobcat97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do not have any experience with Shakeology, but have had friends that like. I use some of the Zija International products that contain moringa oleifera. They are more nutritionally based vs. protein supplementation.
  • JullzGood
    JullzGood Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have. It is way too overpriced. But it taste amazing in my opinion. In terms of benifits? Eh, don't know of its that big of a difference from a regular protein shake.