It's been a long while since I've had a win ...

Options
SoyD986
SoyD986 Posts: 57 Member
It's been a tough few years. After successfully losing 130lbs over 2 years and keeping it off for 5+years, I fell in to a wicked depression about 4 years ago. Over these past 4 years, I gained up to 70lbs (180-->250) at my highest in December 2015. Basically the gain came from binge eating and drinking way, way too much by myself on the couch isolating - just really didn't care and was almost daring myself to get bigger! Awful!! The track in my head just kept saying no one will ever love you, you're huge, so why not just get bigger? Crazy thing that mind is.

I've flirted on and off with committing back to a healthy lifestyle in 2016 (including finding a good therapist!) and was at 241 on the last day of the year. Not great - but not a gain either.

I'm turning 36 in Feb and decided that enough was enough this year - it's time to take control. I've done this once before and I can do it again - one meal, one step at a time!

So, my win, is that I'm closing January with a -15.2lbs loss. It probably could have been more, as at my weight big whooshes of water weight mean big losses in those first weeks, but I'm still proud. I'm especially proud because I wasn't perfect AT ALL every day with my eating, but I logged even when the numbers made me cringe.

So, it's been a while since this old gal has had a win ... and it feels really good. I'm hoping with more hard work I can come back and tell you about my bigger victories.

Love you MFP people!!! Xx
(And add me - I need motivational friends!!)

Replies

• mzobrist21
    mzobrist21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes!! You can do this!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    A terrific win! You are going to do great things, I can tell!
  • tena1028
    tena1028 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi! Great job! You can do this. I will add you as a friend. I need some friends that don't fall off the grid.
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Definitely a win! I'm right along with you. Feel free to add me as a friend. I just started back January 10th. Keep up the great work!
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Do you mind if I ask how you managed to pull yourself out of "didn't care" thinking?

I'm so glad you're back to caring.

Continued success SoyD!
  • grrrlwonder
    grrrlwonder Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well done for taking back control. You got this, just one step at a time :)
  • Redheadsmission
    Redheadsmission Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done on taking back control. You are unique and special as are we all. You can do this. And you are. :smiley:
  • jatdh1753
    jatdh1753 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You and I sound like we're having the same start to the year - I also just started seeing an awesome new therapist who will hopefully help me learn to cope with anxiety and depression in ways that do NOT involve face planting into a plate of nachos. Congrats to you on an amazing start to your year! Great things ahead for you, for sure.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    <3
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

Good job on a) getting yourself out of the funk and b) sticking to it.

Congrats on the loss! Looking forward to hearing about your future successes!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Awesome you're doing amazing
  • Julyfly70
    Julyfly70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing this, yep we can start over. I think I am just like an alcoholic, get down about things and want to eat. Exchanging exercise now for stress instead of eating at least most of the time.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You can do this-keep going :)
  • silkyb1
    silkyb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! What diet are you following or if any also what are your biggest challenges
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!