2017~~52 Pounds in 52 Weeks Challenge

Options

Replies

• dabeck62
    dabeck62 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    torifarrar wrote: »
    When you figure out how to do that let me know.

Be an example, they will notice the changes not only physically but mentally. I'm lucky, I've been on/off diets over our 14 year marriage and every time I begin again; he's supporting me. He has to...he's the cook! He said the biggest challenge isn't necessarily in changing how he cooks (because on MFP, nothing is off-limits), but the quantity as I don't eat as much as before. So, we have left overs!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    gelahope wrote: »
    Awesome advice! I will have to remember that for next time, definitely. Luckily I did ok, there was pizza and no fruit lol. But I stuck to my plan, indulged a little but didn't go crazy, skipped the ice cream, only had half of my cake, and ended up only barely over my calorie goal, which I call a win!! Hooray! Thanks for your support!
    Awesome! **Virtual hug** You did excellent! Parties are hard if you don't go in with a plan. The pizza would have been my temptation. I need to research the recipe for making a low carb crust. I used to have one but I have forgotten it. I think I'll make a pizza Saturday.

• homeschoolmom77
    homeschoolmom77 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    dabeck62 wrote: »
    Be an example, they will notice the changes not only physically but mentally. I'm lucky, I've been on/off diets over our 14 year marriage and every time I begin again; he's supporting me. He has to...he's the cook! He said the biggest challenge isn't necessarily in changing how he cooks (because on MFP, nothing is off-limits), but the quantity as I don't eat as much as before. So, we have left overs!

Thanks for the reminder. I do the cooking, and my sons and husband are very supportive and eat whatever I give them. Well not the boys so much, but at 10 and 13 what do I expect. My hubby is very supportive of me, but after 17 years of watching him struggle and his health not getting any better I wish he would stop resisting and make all the needed changes.

Thanks for reminding me to lead him, I won't have to drag, he will follow. But if I push he will resist.
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Starting weight:165
    Goal weight: 140
    Current weight: 165.2

Week 2: 162.4
    Week 3: 161.8
    Week 4: 158.6! Whoosh
    Week 5: 165.2

Total weight lost: +.2

Not worried I've been under my calorie goals. Had a cheat day yesterday so this is definitely water retention.
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    tdbernrd wrote: »
    @dbernrd Thanks for the advice. I am doing the treadmill version, and I no inclination to move fast or to injure myself. My goals are 1st health, 2nd weight loss (I'm a woman, so vanity always comes into the picture), 3rd finding more ways to be active, and burn calories in less time - I don't always have time to walk an hour a day).
    @PoisonDartFrog I'm pretty vain myself. Doing C25K, my toe nails used to hurt. I found out I needed bigger shoes. I purchase them and felt self conscious. Soooooo, a few years later, I buy my shoes online. I want pretty and of course, I want smaller but not my exact size. Well, I messed up my toe nails that year. They grew off but boy was it ugly. I'll just wear my boats and be happy.
    Running will definitely help you to burn more calories. Like with anything else, you can plateau but you can also increase your distance or speed and the weight loss will start again. Are you going to participate in a 5K? They are so much fun. I'm thinking about doing my first race in April. I need to drop 20 pounds. I'm really heavy right now.

I will likely do a 5k....i just need to get through the training first. :)
  • gelahope
    gelahope Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    tdbernrd wrote: »
    Awesome! **Virtual hug** You did excellent! Parties are hard if you don't go in with a plan. The pizza would have been my temptation. I need to research the recipe for making a low carb crust. I used to have one but I have forgotten it. I think I'll make a pizza Saturday.

Oooh!! If you find that recipe, you should share it! I know I would like to use it and I'm sure others on here would as well!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Options
    This ticker app is so much fun!

weight.png