Food as medicine

Options
A thought for the day; think of your food as medicine or medicine may become your food!

Replies

• Drueru
    Drueru Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    True! I love my naturopath because she corrects ailments with food. Food is healing :smile:
  • Master_Butcher
    Master_Butcher Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If food sources worked so well to cure disease, I find it interesting that killer diseases that plagued humanity for centuries were only stopped with the advent of vaccines and modern medicine.

You're missing the point. They both work.
  • Master_Butcher
    Options
    If food sources worked so well to cure disease, I find it interesting that killer diseases that plagued humanity for centuries were only stopped with the advent of vaccines and modern medicine.

No, I am not missing the point.

Lol. OK.
  • Master_Butcher
    Options
    ...In the famous words of Hippocrates. I couldn't agree more. If we view the body through the eyes of chemistry, 99% of deseasss can be cured. Period. They've been using food sources for medicine longer than we've been using medicine. The only reason this approach to health isn't mainstream is because it can't be monetized. They haven't figured a way to rip me off purchasing Turmeric & Rosemary just yet. *Laughs while admiring huge turmeric jar in the cupboard*

Are you saying that naturalpaths and people like that all work on a volunteer basis, out of the goodness of their hearts?

Correction. Monetize *beyond penuts.
  • Master_Butcher
    Options

Lol. OK.

You are missing my point. Yes, food can help with health, but if it cured most diseases they would have been cured long before the advent of the medical treatments we have today. You are the one who said 99% of diseases can be cured in a thread about food as medicine, the implication being that such cures would come from food. The reality is that just is not the case.

I here you. Maybe I worded my point incorrectly. In essence what I'm saying is eating the best quality food from nature - including herbs, tailored to ones own body will no doubt eleviate you from the majority of diseases and fix what issues you do have depending on how advanced they are. The body is a giant chemistry lab as simple as that sounds. If the conditions are optimal, the body will heal itself - it's how we're designed. Most people seem to think you're supposed to turn into a sick fragile vegetable as you age. Sickness in both the elderly and the youth, for the most part is down to poor living and eating habits.

I don't believe this is true. Do you have any data to back up your use of words like "most" and "majority"?

Lol. OK.

You are missing my point. Yes, food can help with health, but if it cured most diseases they would have been cured long before the advent of the medical treatments we have today. You are the one who said 99% of diseases can be cured in a thread about food as medicine, the implication being that such cures would come from food. The reality is that just is not the case.

I here you. Maybe I worded my point incorrectly. In essence what I'm saying is eating the best quality food from nature - including herbs, tailored to ones own body will no doubt eleviate you from the majority of diseases and fix what issues you do have depending on how advanced they are. The body is a giant chemistry lab as simple as that sounds. If the conditions are optimal, the body will heal itself - it's how we're designed. Most people seem to think you're supposed to turn into a sick fragile vegetable as you age. Sickness in both the elderly and the youth, for the most part is down to poor living and eating habits.

I don't believe this is true. Do you have any data to back up your use of words like "most" and "majority"?

No I don't. If you don't believe anything I've said that's OK .
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Lol. OK.

Maybe one wouldn't get sick in the first place ... Or a lot less sick, less often. Research on the microbiome is new and very interesting.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    99%? I'm taking antibiotics for sinusitis today after combining a head cold with a plane landing followed by several nights with inadequate sleep. I'm unaware of a food substitute.
    Um, moldy bread. Duh. Big pharma just WANTS you to think that you need their expensive pills.

Don't forget cheese. I'm lucky I have killed myself eating cheese rinds.