Chafing...

Options
Ok, what are some good TRUTHS to help with this pain? I am talking the inner thigh on a hot day while running chafing... there has got to be something out there that actually works... any ideas thoughts or prevention's would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    longer compression shorts?? :smokin:
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump... got it yesterday and now i have on leggins haha
  • chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I use Arbonne's diaper rash cream for babies. If you can find a consultant you can order it through them www.arbonne.com

I find it works within a day or two.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've heard baby powder helps...but I can't make myself do this, because I get this mental image of the episode of Friends where Ross has on leather pants and he sweats...and it just ends bad
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I know it's a chick product BUT monistat makes an antichafing silky gel that you can put on your inner thighs right before your jog to help with it. OR you can get a good pair of high quality breathable spandex tights/shorts to wear under your workout shorts.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    yeah, well easier for you to wear them than me... lol

I just wonder if the short ones work, the just above the knee spandex, do they help at all?
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have used cocoa butter to help soothe the pain. and to help prevent it, i have used baby powder, but for long distances i'm not sure if it will work.
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well i wear trousers that help this problem not to hurt. But you can moisturise before your workout? Or longer knee length or above knee shorts
  • kwinterscheidt
    kwinterscheidt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    body glide is amazing. you can usually get it at running stores and some sporting good stores. i have used it for sports bra chafing and also for blister prevention on my feet. i haven't found anything better than body glide for preventing chafing and blisters.
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've heard baby powder helps...but I can't make myself do this, because I get this mental image of the episode of Friends where Ross has on leather pants and he sweats...and it just ends bad

hahahahahahahahahah!!

Love that episode! We use anti-chafe that comes in a deoderant style stick, my husband swears by petroleum jelly...not sexy exactly, but it works. I have a small travel size that I carry in my fuel belt and he has to reapply on long runs...I know that longer shorts is also a guarantee, not exactly what you want on a hot day, but will spare the chafe!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Bahahaha!!!

Body Glide or Vaseline will help prevent it. And diaper rash cream is a great way to treat it.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have spandex shorts that go mid thigh and they work. If you get a good quality pair they won't budge much during your workout.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Caldesene powder in the pink bottle helps before and after
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    They make something called Glide - goes on like a stick deoderant and prevents chaffing without having to wear bike shorts or other hot spandex items :)
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    There is stuff a lot of runners use. It is called Body Glide. It works.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    my roommate swears by body glide!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts help, but not a lot in my opinion...

Anti Monkey Butt Powder works really well. I practically bathe in it before workouts. You can get two-packs at Sam's Club.

Body Glide. This is awesome too. Like a deodorant stick, but you rub it on your rubby parts and they slide instead of burn! A lot of guys put it on their nipples when running long races too, since their shirts rub on them and make them bleed!

Good luck - chub rub sucks!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Vasaline....not for the pain, but prevention....
  • Bunnyboo82
    Bunnyboo82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Band-Aid Friction block. It's supposed to be used on your feet where your shoes rub. It creates an invisable barrier on your skin. I tried it on my legs just for the heck of it and it works!
  • tammy6270
    tammy6270 Posts: 3
    Options
    aquaphor or body glide... both work great