Hard staying motivated

Options
50 + high blood pressure, exercising eating better trying to get it down for the past 3 months, lost a stone in weight , now finding it hard to get back into it after the xmas splurge.
From the UK , grey grey weather, looking for my mojo.
:/

Replies

• sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. Don't despair. Any time spent not gaining is progress. Now just ease back into what worked for you before. You can do it!
  • floss2004
    floss2004 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 50+ as well from a not so sunny UK. I'm finding it hard too. Lost 37lb before Christmas, gained 5, and lost that again during January. But it's odd, my mindset has gone. The last two days have been awful, constantly craving food and cigarettes. ( Really trying for the past month not to smoke ). I know I shouldn't do both but feel guilty about the cigs although was only smoking about 8 a day. I have slipped up a couple of days but trying not to beat myself up about it. I am exercising with weights at home and am really noticing a difference however this too has become a chore. Why, what's changed, I have a supportive family and colleagues, two fantastic goals in the summer ( sons wedding and a lovely holiday ) but it's like I've been taken over by some mad, food obsessed harridan, who is 'hangry' all the time. I'm frightened I will slip back to my old weight and end up doing it yet again!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Looking for friends to help motivate and support. I have about 100 lbs to lose!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to be motivated? The answer to that question IS your motivation. Then set a schedule, a routine, and follow it regardless of whether you "feel motivated" on any given day. It is not necessary to "feel motivated" to workout or log any more than it's necessary to "feel motivated" to take a shower or brush your teeth. Just follow your plan.
  • Master_Butcher
    Master_Butcher Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Stay inspired by visualizing your goals as precisely as you can daily. You usually require proof before belief. You've done with your mind now you know it's attainable. Now go and make it a reality.