C-section paunch

Options
dglumac952
dglumac952 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hi all! Most of us know what I'm talking about when I say "c-section paunch". I'd like to know what exercises you all did to tone yours down? I find now that I'm back on track and eating better, the skin is getting saggier and it's quite upsetting. I should also mention that I've fluctuated in weight a lot over the past 5 years so that's an issue as well.

Replies

• Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't really 'tone' the skin, you can lose the fat, you can tone the muscles (if your lucky to have strength there) but the skin won't really change. Some women say that years later it seems to sort of rebound, but a tuck is the only way you'll achieve that tight skin look again
  • mactaffy428
    mactaffy428 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yea, it stinks. I know it was for a good reason and wouldn't change it for the world, but it still stinks.
  • Berkgal33
    Berkgal33 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    They put my hysterectomy scar right over my C-section scar so I have a very large double scar and quite a large pouch. I am not vain, but if I could afford a tummy tuck I would probably do it to reward myself for my 100 pound weight loss, AFTER I kept it off for a year.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids and 3 c-sections. Sadly, the only way to get rid of it may be a tuck. Boo... :|
  • ernyvonnr
    ernyvonnr Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    They say belly binders right after and continue for a while help pull all your stuff back together
    Just.had my section in jan and wear a binder every day if not every other
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    A physiotherapist can assess if you have any muscle damage and prescribe specific exercises to help you activate the lower abdominal muscles when you move. This can go a long way to improving posture and that 'paunch' look. Pilates is also excellent for this but it's worth being assessed by the physio for any deficits first, although a reputable Pilates instructor has pretty good education in this area.

As for loose skin, the only way to get rid of this is survival removal.

A friend of mine had a tummy tuck after 3 pregnancies and couldn't be happier with the result but it is essentially a cosmetic procedure.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I had an emergency c-section 33 years ago. Vertical, belly button to pubic bone.

I lost 65 pounds in 2015. My belly was pooch, saggy.

Last fall I began, faithfully, doing vertical leg lifts 4 days a week. At first I was lucky to lift my legs 4 times. Now I can do three sets of ten in a smooth rhythm.

My abs are firm. My belly finally flat. I'm 61.

There is hope for you.... :)
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I cannot seem to rebuild my ab muscles due to C section. Even after intensive workouts for two months, I still really struggle. I have more than a pooch, but I just can't get the strength back, so I feel your pain!
  • ashleybarnette2013
    ashleybarnette2013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    dglumac952 wrote: »
    Hi all! Most of us know what I'm talking about when I say "c-section paunch". I'd like to know what exercises you all did to tone yours down? I find now that I'm back on track and eating better, the skin is getting saggier and it's quite upsetting. I should also mention that I've fluctuated in weight a lot over the past 5 years so that's an issue as well.
    I have no clue I lost 150lbs toned my butt my legs my abs and arms the pooch just won't get off my back I can say this if I reach my goal and the pooch is still there I want to get it removed surgically but if I never have the funds to do it I can honestly say my babies are so worth it my belly made two of the most amazing children I could have asked for deep down I'm almost proud of it but