Chafing...

2»

Replies

• JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Lanacane makes a great anti-chafing gel, goes on dry feeling, lasts a long time, My husband and I swear by it for working long sweaty hours in hot humid kitchens. I LOVE the stuff, I keep a tube of it in my work bag at all times.
  • yeah, well easier for you to wear them than me... lol

I just wonder if the short ones work, the just above the knee spandex, do they help at all?

I used to have the same problem before I got bicycle / compression shorts; they are above the knee and I have no issues now. I found a decent selection of work-out clothes @ Walmart of all places and picked up a pair of of the shorts there.
  • rickydeuce
    rickydeuce Posts: 80
    I cut out all the liners of my running shorts and wear Under Armour underneath. Inside that Under Armour is a healthy dose of Gold Bond Baby Powder. It's as important to me as my shoes!!!!!!
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Ok, what are some good TRUTHS to help with this pain? I am talking the inner thigh on a hot day while running chafing... there has got to be something out there that actually works... any ideas thoughts or prevention's would be greatly appreciated.

Under Armour compression shorts and Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder

monistat.jpg

This work wonders and it doesn't have a smell and you will even want to wear it while wearing regular clothes.
  • Hello jmatthews75!

Great news! i found some stuff at the 'running room'. It's like a deordorant stick for underarms but you can use it for your inner thighs, "Body Glide". It's for anti-blister and chaffing. I've used it and it works! i don't run but just walking bare legged can cause the same thing. The 'Running Room' is a store you can find on the net and then "shop" and then accessories and then provention/injuries.
    Good luck!

Sammy7girl:smile:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    body glide is amazing. you can usually get it at running stores and some sporting good stores. i have used it for sports bra chafing and also for blister prevention on my feet. i haven't found anything better than body glide for preventing chafing and blisters.

I've heard this is good stuff for runners =)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Freeballin
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    compression shorts, gold bond, body glide.... I mostly just use compression shorts because they solve other problems that occur when I play ultimate (turf burn, namely).
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    My husband uses a non-chafing stick. It looks like a deoderant stick and buys it at a running store. looks like they got to it, bodyglide (i couldn't remember the name of it).
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,097 Member
    For pain and healing use triple antibiotic ointment with an added pain reliever. Walmart has their Equate brand that is maximum strength at a reasonable cost. When you have healed and the pain is gone, use vaseline every time you run. Compression shorts are great, use with the vaseline. My husband has had this problem for years from cycling and this is what works for him.

The Bodyglide sounds great, have to tell my DH about it!

p.s. Zinc oxide will heal the area, use desitin ointment for babies, contains zinc.
This discussion has been closed.