Weight loss plateu

Options
I am in my third week of diet and exercise and I seem to have stopped losing weight and if anything I have gained a pound or two. Has anyone else had this?

Replies

• ellielove2017
    ellielove2017 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have! I'm getting very unmotivated to log and keep at it because I'm not seeing results... It's very frustrating
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Patience grasshoppahs... Weight loss is a slow process. And it's not linear. Some weeks you lose, some you don't, some you gain. Don't give up. Track everything you consume. Weight it, measure it. Eat less than you burn. It'll happen.
  • Master_Butcher
    Master_Butcher Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    3 weeks in is not enough time to judge whether or not you've plateaued. However to out your mind at rest at a maintenance for 2-3 days then resume eating in a deficit. Be sure your deficit isn't too harsh.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Are you coming up to your TOM?

Eaten a high salt meal?

Exercised harder than normal?

It could be lots of reasons, plus you get water weight loss quite often in the first few weeks.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It is completely normal to fluctuate up and down 3-5 pounds from one week, even one day, to the next.
  • gperez8127
    gperez8127 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been at my same weight for months go up or down couple of pounds cannot lose the 15 pounds I want to lose. I can eat like a bird and go to gym nothing works for me .