Im a Pcos having, Wii fit doing, Disney princess.

Options
I warn you now I'm dyslexic so unless my lap top corrects me there will be spelling and punctuation errors.

As I sit here munching on some potato chips that I know I shouldn't be eating I think about how well I was doing at the beginning of this month I was on my Wii fit every day busting my but to do my best. I wasn't exactly dropping weight but I wasn't gaining it ether 14 that was my magic number and by that I mean days. I kicked but for 14 days the first week was 30 min of wii fit and 10 min of yoga the second week was 30 min of wii fit, 10 min of yoga, 10 min of strength trainng. See my problems with weight loss are different than most. I have PCOS and with that loosing weight is so much harder and if your affected with PCOS you probly understand this. I have never been a small girl but now I am u to 315 pounds and its very embarrassing to admit because like meny others it makes me feel like crap about myself and I know beauty and self worth are not defined by the size in your jeans but health is a different story. I guess I have never had a bad relationship with food and actually when I think about it I don't even like foods such as deep fried this and that I only like chips on once and awhile and I don't have a taste for junk food unless its chocolate and even then only on occasion. foods that make my mouth water are the ones that grow on trees and in the ground. where someone would prefer breakfast of bacon and eggs with toast and orange juice I crave steamed asparagus and a boiled egg with tea and and when my husband and I go shopping he wants to buy candy and things that can be tossed in a deep fryer I lean towards mixed nuts and fruit. Although because of price and how easy it is to eat things that are unhealthy I find my weight tends to rise.

My decision is for this to be my year. you see I lost my father to a heart attack back in 2013 he was only 45 and ever since I fear that I may fallow in his foot steps and I know he wants so much more for me so here I am seeking Support and friendship from those of you that share my struggles. I welcome all friends but especially those who share PCOS struggles. it would also be fun to have friends who also use wii fit in there journey and maybe some who love Disney as much as I do (oops I didn't mention this) and I am learning French so maybe someone who wants to learn with me (duolingo app) but as I said all are welcome were all in this as one :)

Replies

• cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been recently diagnosed with PCOS. I'm trying to lose at least 40kgs maybe more. I like Disney Channel lol. Add me if you want to!
  • CurvyPrincess66
    CurvyPrincess66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    sending :)
  • CurvyPrincess66
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I could always use Pcos knowledge
  • victorias36
    victorias36 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. Losing weight is very difficult but you can do it. At my highest it was 325 and now I am down to 254. I still have a challenging road ahead but with MFP I am winning. Thank you TmacMMM for your advice. I will start trying to add that into my daily routine for my diet and exercising. Wishing everyone good luck!
  • CurvyPrincess66
    Options
    I definitely need more help in a diet for Pcos I have been feeling like my sugar drops very low sometimes I just feel shaky and nauseated. I think it could be because my body use to depend on the sugars from all the sofa I use to drink and now I'm strictly green tea and water. With the occasional apple juice at breakfast.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    What else do you have for breakfast?
  • CurvyPrincess66
    Options
    I stay at a hotel and they offer free breafast so I usually have frosted flakes (they also have raisin bran) or Oatmeal with a banana if I have them or a waffle occasionally Sometimes I don't have Breakfast at all. I don't really eat lunch when I do it's maybe a banana or Oatmeal and some time a sandwich or leftover dinner. And for dinner we have a lot of soup and mostly it's potatoes with other stuff. If we have any meet I make it on the George Forman. Everything I cook is made on that or in the crock pot or toaster oven.

• Sungoddess_dee
    Sungoddess_dee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. I too have PCOS. and am just starting back on this journey. Just found MFP. Really likening it so far. I was on metformin. but took myself off due to side effects. I have had great luck with taking chromium about 30 min before each meal. have recently added ALA supplements. these are both pretty low cost and help to stabilize and help with insulin resistance 3/day. of each. Drinking a ton of water ... any feeling pretty good in the first week. At first the whole PCOS is pretty scary, but don't let that be your crutch. We just have to be a bit more gentle and forgiving with ourselves! The goal is to be healthy and the side effect is weight loss. :)
  • __TMac__
    Options
    I stay at a hotel and they offer free breafast so I usually have frosted flakes (they also have raisin bran) or Oatmeal with a banana if I have them or a waffle occasionally Sometimes I don't have Breakfast at all. I don't really eat lunch when I do it's maybe a banana or Oatmeal and some time a sandwich or leftover dinner. And for dinner we have a lot of soup and mostly it's potatoes with other stuff. If we have any meet I make it on the George Forman. Everything I cook is made on that or in the crock pot or toaster oven.

Not to sound like a broken record, but I'm seeing a trend. That's all carbs. Try to get some protein in there. You'll feel better, be less hungry, and will lose more reliably.
  • CurvyPrincess66
    Options
    Welcome.. I too have PCOS. and am just starting back on this journey. Just found MFP. Really likening it so far. I was on metformin. but took myself off due to side effects. I have had great luck with taking chromium about 30 min before each meal. have recently added ALA supplements. these are both pretty low cost and help to stabilize and help with insulin resistance 3/day. of each. Drinking a ton of water ... any feeling pretty good in the first week. At first the whole PCOS is pretty scary, but don't let that be your crutch. We just have to be a bit more gentle and forgiving with ourselves! The goal is to be healthy and the side effect is weight loss. :)

I was diagnosed when I was 17. I was on metformin and it worked for me but now I have no insurance so I want to see if there are cheap vitamins that could help. What's ALA
  • CurvyPrincess66
    Options

TmacMMM wrote: »

Not to sound like a broken record, but I'm seeing a trend. That's all carbs. Try to get some protein in there. You'll feel better, be less hungry, and will lose more reliably.

The information is helpful. I don't know exactly how to get proteins into my diet I'm not to familiar with identifying thing like that I know the basics but that's about it.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Couple of things - green tea has caffeine and makes me feel shaky if I drink too much of it or on an empty stomach- water is good too...
    Frosted flakes is not good if you have PCOS, banana and oatmeal too...Try to eat something higher in protein in the mornings, it will help with keeping your bloodsugar level too...
    You are eating way too many carbs and it will not do you any favours.
    Also - make sure the Wii workouts are strenuous enough to get your heart beating and you sweating, otherwise results will be very slow.....
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    To long.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Ok, that's a great place to start! :)

www.bodybuilding.com/amp-content/ultimate-list-40-high-protein-foods.html

This is a list of high-protein foods, but basically think meat, dairy, beans, and nuts. For breakfast, I find that eggs and dairy are most appealing. Your hard-boiled eggs would be perfect.

I usually alternate between these three options.

- Plain yogurt (not the kind with fruit or other flavors already in it) with chopped apples and sliced almonds

- Two eggs on a slice of 100% whole wheat toast

- Old-fashioned oats soaked in milk overnight, with blueberries and almonds

If I'm starving and in a hurry, I'll just grab an apple and a piece of cheese or a small handful of nuts.