I AM ABOUT TO GIVE UP!

Options
I am back into losing the weight and being health conscious. 2 years ago I lost almost 80 pounds. Now 2 years later, I gained that and more back. I currently weigh 322lbs!!!! 2 weeks or maybe a week ago I weighed 330lbs!. My goal at the end of this week to be at least 315, but a lot of unexpected things are going on where it is hard for me to workout this week. My job is 45 mins away and when I get home I usually do 30mins to an hour workout. Today I have to stay over later and will not be home until late tonight. I will not have time to workout because I will make it home around bedtime. Whenever I do not workout I do not lose any weight!

Today I ate a green smoothie for breakfast and a Double chicken Salad for lunch

Replies

• DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    You wanted to go from 322 to 315 in one week?? I am sorry but that is not a reasonable goal.
    It happens. I at least want to be 319 or around that

• getupforchange
    getupforchange Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If it's overwhelming getting back into it maybe try to get your diet down and then sit down with your work schedule and a calendar to plan out your workouts in a way that's realistic for you for say the next 2-3 months. At this point I think it would be a shame for you to get hung up on the workout aspect and get down on yourself for not going from 322 to 315 in only a week. If you set unrealistic goals for yourself you're bound to be discouraged.

Nail your diet and find a realistic way to get in even just one workout a week for the next couple of months and you'll lose weight anyway with so much to lose.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! A couple points:
    1- you can lose weight without exercise. Exercise is good for several things (sanity, stress, muscle sparing, a few more calories to work with), but you CAN lose fat without it if CI<CO
    2- a plan with a modicum of flexibility can be more sustainable. E.g. If your plan has one or two rest days per week, then when you have to work late, just take it as a rest day. Modify/adjust instead of giving up!
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100 lbs, the first 20 with no exercise and the last 30 with no exercise (due to an injury). If you get your calorie deficit "down" and used to it, you could lose without exercising.
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am back into losing the weight and being health conscious. 2 years ago I lost almost 80 pounds. Now 2 years later, I gained that and more back. I currently weigh 322lbs!!!! 2 weeks or maybe a week ago I weighed 330lbs!. My goal at the end of this week to be at least 315, but a lot of unexpected things are going on where it is hard for me to workout this week. My job is 45 mins away and when I get home I usually do 30mins to an hour workout. Today I have to stay over later and will not be home until late tonight. I will not have time to workout because I will make it home around bedtime. Whenever I do not workout I do not lose any weight!

Today I ate a green smoothie for breakfast and a Double chicken Salad for lunch

Your on here and that tells me your not giving up ! We wont let you ;) Start out small don't look at the bigger number, just focus on one step and then another and then another. Use part of your lunch to walk if you can and focus on changing 'something'. Maybe that's taking fast food out of your diet - maybe you want to try a 'One month detox from sugar. Maybe you'll try walking for 15 min every day. There are a lot of challenges on here and you may wish to take one on to have extra support :) We all come in different shapes and sizes and many of us struggle with keeping extra weight off- we are here for you ♥ - You can do this ! Write down one goal tonight and the steps you will take to make it happen
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Easy give up.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Breath. Relax. It takes time. A lot of time. If you cannot exercise, focus on your food. Closely. Log accurately with a food scale, and stick with it. I've lost 125 lbs over the course of a year and a half, half of my starting body weight. You can do it if you put the work in and don't give up.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    If you jump into a journey backwards and start running you usually go the wrong way.

If you want to get the weight off again you need to realize that your expectations are too high.
    That weight loss happens by counting calories and eating to that reasonable goal.
    And that its going to take time, so you might wanna calm down and get comfortable.

That part.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    First of all, I think you are being too aggressive with your weightloss expectations. Second, you don't have to work out to lose weight. Watch your calories. That's it. Anyone can do that, even if they don't have time to exercise.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I think you are being overly aggressive with your weight loss goals.

You didn't gain all the weight overnight and you aren't going to lose it all overnight either.

I'd focus on losing two pounds a week for now, but not being hard on yourself if you don't always lose that much. Weight loss isn't linear.

ETA: if you give up you'll never reach your goals.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Determined means you DON'T give up. There will ALWAYS be deterrences and obstacles on any weight loss journey. If you're COMMITTED, then you'll find a way to make it happen.
    If you quit, then you go with the alternative................stay at the same weight or gain more weight.

.A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png