struggling to find motivation...

Options
So i've lost about 25 lbs on my own so far, and I stopped because of some health issues I noticed that I needed to put a stop to. However, I'm noticing that I can't seem to find or don't have the same motivation I did when I first started this journey about a year ago. I've been ridiculously patient with the process and how hard it is to lose weight, but I just don't know how I'm going to get the motivation to lose the remaining 20lbs. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Much love,
Marissa

Replies

• husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya girl! I hope others have some great advice.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My greatest triumph was when I realized it's not about motivation. It's about commitment. I made a promise to myself and I don't want to break my promise. Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    Take a look again at your before and after pics, focus on how much better you feel right now after dropping weight. You don't wanna go back to how things were. Keep on keepin' on and keep on kickin' assss! It's a total mind game, mind over matter.
  • skymichele
    skymichele Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I always watch the fitness infomercials! It makes me want to get up and move. If you just get up and do it, you will feel better afterwards! xo
  • keepinup
    keepinup Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I work better under pressure... which now that I think about it, probably isn't the healthiest motivation... but for me personally, I have a wedding to attend in November which several people whom have criticized me over the years will be attending... I am determined to get in good shape by that date, primarily for myself, but also just to prove to those indivduals that I am STILL able to work it! =) ... So I guess my only advice would be.. find an actual dealine (a date) for your motivation. Or if you can't find it... create it (save up for a cruise, buy tickets to a fancy event--- something where you want to look amazing!)! Hope you find what you're looking for! Best of luck! Steph
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Without knowing more details I'm not exactly sure what to tell you. Do you have bad memories from the time before? Were you uncomfortable, struggling, unhappy when you were losing the weight?
    Another important question is why you want to lose the rest of the weight. Are you doing it for yourself, or some one else?
    First I suggest you figure out exactly what YOU want. If you are happy at the weight you are at, then why lose more? If you are not happy, then ask yourself what it is about losing the weight that makes you hesitate.
    If you decide you do want to lose the weight (for YOU), you do not have to use the same techniques to lose weight as you did before, in fact it is probably better if you don't. My dr told me it is good to shake things up a bit, confuse the body a little. Try different types of exercise, different times of the day, or different amounts of time.
    I always recommend Zumba :) I am a little biased though :D It is just so much fun!
    Hope this helped!