Three weeks postpartum!

Options
Hi everyone I'm April, and I currently reside in South East Texas. I just gave birth to baby number three! During my two week check-up my doctor told me I could start doing some lite walking. Today I set up my FitBit one and restarted on MyFitnessPal. A little bit about myself I'm a 28yo mother of three. My hubby and I love to travel, and try different foods, and cross off adventures on our bucket list. Rite now i'm breastfeeding exclusively so I already weight less than what I was before I got pregnant. Unfortunately that still leaves me in the lower 200's. My goal is to feel confident and good about myself again and set a healthy example for my children. Looking good in my swimsuit for our summer cruise wouldn't hurt either lol. Anyone feel free to add me on here. Also add me on FitBit as well here---> www.fitbit.com/user/3MW4WP

Replies

• marcieb9818
    marcieb9818 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey and congratulations on the baby! Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • Naturally_sassy0219
    Options
    I sent you an invite! Thank you
  • Midazaslam826
    Midazaslam826 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I just had my third (kinda, I have twins!) and am working on the same goals.
  • Naturally_sassy0219
    Options
    Great! Just sent you an invite.
  • Naturally_sassy0219
    Options
    Anyone else with experience in counting calories while breastfeeding?
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new arrival. Feel free to add me.. I have about 100 lbs to lose.

Breastfeeding is great to help you lose weight.. Please ensure you stay hydrated and eat enough to keep your body fueled.
  • tlmhiebert1985
    tlmhiebert1985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had my second son 6 weeks ago. I've lost 10 lbs so far but have another 20 lbs left. I ebf as well and did last time also. I eat a protein diet most of the time and try to make my calories count. I haven't had any supply issues as of it and I consume about 1100 calories a day. I pump 2x/day as well and drink mother's milk tea. You can add me
  • anglebear2016
    anglebear2016 Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi. I just had my second child 5 weeks ago. I gained 44lbs during this pregnancy. So far I've lost 28 lbs. I still have 16 lbs to lose and I'm no longer losing as quickly. I'm exclusively breastfeeding and try to get 30 minutes of moderate walking everyday.

I try to eat 1200 calories a day but it's hard because I get so hungry that I get dizzy, tremors, and headaches. I feel like I can pass out. So I usually go over 1200. My prepregnancy weight before having this baby (my second child) was 127 lbs, but I weighed 121 lbs prior to my first child and I'd like to get back there but my goal is 127 lbs first. I want to lose all of the weight from this pregnancy first. I'm 5'2". Feel free to add me. I'm looking for more women that are trying to lose weight while breastfeeding. I find that the weight isn't falling off as quickly as it did with my first.
  • Naturally_sassy0219
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Amethystwolf
    Amethystwolf Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new baby :) I am due with my 2nd in May!
  • mrskcreations
    mrskcreations Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm 28 and 20 weeks post partum with my first!
    Great job on already being lower than your prepregnancy weight! I still am not that far, haha, I'm about 6 lbs away.

My baby had to switch to formula at 3 months (|_|) so now I have to just work on a caloric deficit and exercise.

Feel free to add me! :smiley:
  • kalosflores
    kalosflores Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My little one is 9 months. I'm ebf as well as giving her solids. Everyone said the weight would drop off with breastfeeding - that most definitely did not happen with me. I'm watching my cals and trying to exercise st least three times a week. Currently I'm 171 but I think I'd like to get to 135. Feel free to add me :)
  • Naturally_sassy0219
    Options

Thanks everyone! I sent all you ladies an invite.
  • blackbutterfly318
    blackbutterfly318 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new addition! Feel free to add me!
  • Naturally_sassy0219
    Options
    Thank you! I sent you an invite.
    Congratulations on your new addition! Feel free to add me!

• dmusic83
    dmusic83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your little baby. Feel free to add me I would love to see your journey as I go through mine as well. Good luck and well wishes.