Addicted to Chocolate!

Options
I am literally addicted to chocolate. I eat it EVERY day of the week!! And I feel like if I didn't eat chocolate I would be able to lose these last 10lbs. Anyone have tips or stories on ways they've learned to stay away from chocolate or other food downfalls? I mean can it be as simple as not having it in the house at all??? Need your help please!!!

Replies

• aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    *cut and paste* HANDS DOWN!!!!! Pure Protein Chocolate Delux protein bar! OMG! i have everyone hooked theyre AMAZING! lol.. and its like eating a chocolate bar! try it! ull love it! lol and 20g of protein, 180 calories and 2g of sugar, theyre the best things ever! works everytime! lol which is daily! haha
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    I've taken to carrying dairy milk chunkies with me - and just having one chunk. At 25 cals it's far better than a whole bar......

Or Low cal hot chocolate may satisfy the cravings :smile:
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I too am a chocolate addict...

The only thing that works is saying the word "no" the more you say it the easier it is to say it..

The Body says, "I want some chocolate!~!!!"
    THe mind says, "NOOOO!"

A friend says "I have a candy bar, wanna split it?"
    you say "NOOOOO!"

The candy bar at the check out line says, "EAT ME!"
    You say, "NOOOOOO!"

That is my best advice.
  • rocki21
    rocki21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i love chocolate i just started eating it in moderation or dark chocolate raisins ... or the weight watchers dark chocolate raspberry ice cream those are 80 calls an ice cream bar so its easy on calories and you still get the chocolate fix hehe
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate everyday too! It's a calcium supplement. Satisfies my taste completely.
  • adams7707
    adams7707 Posts: 4
    Options
    Maybe you could try putting a tiny amount of chocolate syrup in skim milk? Might help curb the craving in a healthier way. There are sugar free syrup's available if you are really watching calories.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If you get some of the better chocolate that has a higher cocoa percentage (such as Green & Blacks) then I find you only need a sqaure or two of it to get your 'chocolate hit' so drastically reduce the calories :)
  • slb106
    slb106 Posts: 70
    Options
    *cut and paste* HANDS DOWN!!!!! Pure Protein Chocolate Delux protein bar! OMG! i have everyone hooked theyre AMAZING! lol.. and its like eating a chocolate bar! try it! ull love it! lol and 20g of protein, 180 calories and 2g of sugar, theyre the best things ever! works everytime! lol which is daily! haha

I eat one of these almost every day! Love them! I use it as dessert. I heat it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. It's kind of like a warm brownie. Sometimes I add 1/2 cup of soy "ice cream" or plain greek yogurt with splenda and cinnamon.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I still eat it everyday and have managed to lose 13 lbs so far. The MFP diary helps me determine how much I can have each day depending on how many calories I have remaining. I try to eat reasonably the rest of the day though. Depriving myself does not work...and I don't think it works for most people.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Ok you might not like my answer but....I too am addicted to chocolate. I was eating everyday = even did all the tricks people say... I finally got it down to a piece of dark chocolate square in the afternoon. Then I decided to give it up for lent - 40 days!!! Well .... I will tell that was one of the hardest things I ever did. I mean I was really addicted... I had all the the withdrawal symthoms... I had headaches ... moody... couldn't sleep...moody ... eat a bunch other other junk to try to satify it. But it leveled off about 10 days into it. I was able to complete the whole time. But it was a really awaking for me. I realized how much chocolate I was eating - even down to my caffee mocha...chocolate protein shake or bars .. chocolate coved strawberries.. my nutella on apple slices or my trail mix. So for now I have it under contol... I do eat choclate as a treat...mainly dark chocolate but not everyday. I love chocolate and can not or see a reason to give it up completely ... but I have reduced it and it is much more controllable. I really watch the foods that I was eating everyday that had chocolate of some form in it. So for me ... it was giving it up completely that helped me reduced the cravings. Maybe you could try to give it up for just 10 days. ... I will keep checking back to see what other good ideas people have and what worked for them....Good Luck!!!!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have a HUGE sweet tooth and LOVE chocolate so much. I cannot take it out of my diet completely or else I just binge and go nuts with it. I just have something sweet a day usually and I'm okay. Like last night, I made a milkshake w fat free choc yogurt and fat free milk. delicious and totally curbed my sweet tooth. I watch what I eat throughout the day and exercise. I see nothing wrong with having a treat everyday - just make good choices!

I've also found the more fruit I eat, the less sweet tooth I have.. Just make sure you've allotted the calories (and fats/sugars you may watch) and you should be fine.
  • AshCain
    AshCain Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for all your helpful tips everyone!!! I'll definitely be trying these out.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    90%cocoa chocolate bar by Lindt. It is so intense that one square is enough. If you are used to milk chocolate...then work your way up. One square every day keeps the chocolate monster away! :laugh: Sometimes I may eat a few raisins with it.

D
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    For me, the only thing that works is forbidding it from my prescence most of the time! I do allow really high quality chocolate gifts (from my hubby) every now & then. :-D

Thank you for this suggestion!

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • twistyBee
    twistyBee Posts: 63
    Options
    Sugar Free Hot Chocolate is a good replacement. I also try to by the Hershey's Nuggets, and only have the serving size. I eat chocolate every day and couldn't imagine cutting it out completely. Keeping it in moderation is the key. A few pieces rather than the king size bars I used to eat :blushing: