Almost there!

Options
JonoK
JonoK Posts: 147 Member
I have been working at this goal since mid-April and as of today, I am only 4 pounds away from my goal. I'm so excited that I'm literally bursting at the seams. I haven't weighed this little since elementary school!

I couldn't be more proud of myself.

Now for the million dollar question. When I get down to my ideal weight, what do I do about the remaining padding around my chest and stomach? Suggestions?

Rejoice with me :)

Replies

• angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! To only be 4 pounds away from your goal is wonderful!!! I will know what that feels like one day!!

Sorry can't help you with your million dollar question....but I am sure someone will be able to help!!!
  • anderftw1
    anderftw1 Posts: 5
    Options
    That is so awesome! Way to go! I say that if you keep with the lifestyle change and continue to do low rep, high weight exersize, that the rest will take care of itself in time!

Congrats again!

Kelly
  • mamma321
    mamma321 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great Job...Keep up the good work....what was your secret?! i would love for you to share with me!!!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good Job and continue to make mini goals with your strengthening and toning and weight management exercises.
  • ravgirly
    ravgirly Posts: 32
    Options
    Congratulations on being so close to your goal! Have you considered weight/resistance training? Muscle burns fat and if you incorporate resistance training you'll definitely build muscle, which also burns more calories than fat, and will rev up your metabolism so that you can get that extra padding off. Of course I'm bias, but I've had friends do P90X with fantastic results. I'll be doing the "X' in about a month..actually it will be a hybrid of P90X and Insanity. I can't wait! Good luck to you. I know since you've accomplished this much, you will be successful in whatever you choose!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job!! Way to get it done and it feels great to be close to your goal. :happy: 。✿゚‘゚
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Success! Success!

I've found the next phase difficult, transitioning from weight loss to weight maintenance. I've always put the pounds back on. :grumble:
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Weight is gone, now what?

How about toning up? There is no reason why you can't be in the BEST shape of your life, at this stage of your life. Lots of guys report fantastic results using PSX-90 or BeachBody programs.

Might as well give those a shot - you are now at the stage where you are going to show the most progress. This, if nothing else; may help CEMENT in the lifestyle changes you made to drop the weight.

At least, this is what I'm planning on doing when I get close to my goal.
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome!! I wish I was that close but we will all get there! Go you!
  • lauram1153
    lauram1153 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow well done that is great.. i would think weights, reistance training would help with toning. I also agree with continuing to make small goals as these will help you maintain.
  • ravgirly
    ravgirly Posts: 32
    Options
    Hodar, I like what you said about CEMENTING in those changes. I'm a huge advocate of Beachbody programs, because they do work if you put in the work, and really it ends up not about being a 30, 60, or 90 day change. It becomes a LIFESTYLE change because the programs arm you with the nutritional information, meal plans, workout schedule, and assign a personal coach to help guide you on your journey. Those tools provide a sound foundation on which to build your new healthy lifestyle so that there is no going back to that old body and old way of thinking and doing things. Your new body deserves a new life..
  • JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!