Share your favorite lunch recipes please! Im stumped!

Options
I've been told so many times that lunch is supposed to be the highest cal meal of the day bc that's when you are most active, I'm on a 1200 cal per day diet and 30% carb 50%protein and 20% fat, please help me!

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    What you've been told is wrong. Eat when you like.

As for recipes, I almost always stick with leftovers.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight with lunch being my lightest or 2nd lightest meal. Do what you'd like. Your body burns calories 24 hours a day, even when you're sleeping.
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    burrito-inspired salad!
    - lettuce of your choice
    - diced onion & a bell pepper
    - half a cup of black beans
    - 4 ounces of the protein of your choice (I usually stick with chicken breast)
    - a sprinkling of cheese
    - & a "salad dressing" that's really just: salsa + vinegar
  • torrichey
    torrichey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing for lunch is avocado chicken salad. Just shred some cooked chicken, and mix with an avocado with pepper! I usually eat on a piece of toast or on crackers!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I've been told so many times that lunch is supposed to be the highest cal meal of the day bc that's when you are most active, I'm on a 1200 cal per day diet and 30% carb 50%protein and 20% fat, please help me!

You can split up your 1200 calories however you like through your day. You don't have to eat a big lunch if you do not want to. You can eat 1200 calories in one meal or eat several smaller meals. Do what helps you function best with your lifestyle. Stop listening to people who tell you you have to do anything but have a calorie deficit to lose weight.

I eat about 300-500 calorie lunches.
    I have things like salads, sandwiches or dinner leftovers.

• cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    100g cooked quinoa
    100g (raw) steelhead salmon (baked, no added oil)
    mixed veggies (bell pepper, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.)

This is my favorite lunch combo! Since salmon is more fat rich than chicken or shrimps, I try to avoid it for dinner.
    I also just saw somewhere else that there's this Carbmaster yogurt that's supposed to be pretty good. 80 calories, 12 proteins, no added sugar. I'm gonna go get some and try it tomorrow. :blush:
  • linadpetrova
    linadpetrova Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fitness bread sandwich with cottage cheese or chicken and veggies. The cottage cheese makes me feel so full.Or it's the bread lol Anyways I love it. I eat up to one slice a day and it works.
  • USAMcK
    USAMcK Posts: 80 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Guacamole Salad
    • .5 hass avocado, cubed
    • .5 can black beans, low sodium
    • 1 roma tomato, diced
    • .5 bunch cilantro
    • 1 tsp onion powder
    • .5 tsp chipotle powder
    • .5 tsp garlic powder
    • .5 lime, juiced
    • optional, one or more: diced red bell pepper, cucumber, celery, yellow squash, zucchini, onion, jalapeno, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh garlic, crumbled bacon, diced chicken breast, cotija cheese, etc.
    It's so versatile (add and replace anything you like) and tastes so good. I was craving chips and dip and love Mexican flavors and this really satisfies the craving, especially with the onion powder, and crunchy diced veggies mixed in. :)

Really good in summer but I ate it all winter long. Avocados = healthy fats!
  • USAMcK
    Options
    Tuna and peas, girl. Can of tuna, frozen peas, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, few drops of stevia, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, onion and garlic powders, boom. I eat it straight up, but it's also good in a wrap or tortilla, on crackers, on toast, on sandwich thins, in a lettuce-wrap, etc. Dice some celery in for crunch and volume and it's very filling.

Also works if subbing out tuna for canned chicken. :)

I'll pair that with some dairy for extra protein. Generally a cup of greek yogurt, a string cheese, or a couple wedges of laughing cow herb and garlic cheese. I've also been doing the sweet and salty nut bars with lunch lately. I love those. And sometimes an 80-calorie Oregon Trail beef stick. That marriage of foods keeps me going.

Hope it helps!
  • USAMcK
    Options
    nicruns wrote: »
    burrito-inspired salad!
    - lettuce of your choice
    - diced onion & a bell pepper
    - half a cup of black beans
    - 4 ounces of the protein of your choice (I usually stick with chicken breast)
    - a sprinkling of cheese
    - & a "salad dressing" that's really just: salsa + vinegar

Haha! We almost posted the exact same thing. Guess I should've looked first. :)
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is a Greek vanilla yogurt with fruit and granola. It keeps me full until dinner. Also love making shredded chicken, (baked breast) with walnuts, cranraisins vegan mayonnaise and sometimes a slice of bacon wrapped in lettuce.
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Or a bean and beet salad. Chick peas, beets, red onion, oregano, parsley, garlic, a little red wine vinegar with s&p to taste. Sometimes I throw in black beans or feta cheese. I eat it like this or use nann bread toasted