Body Bug Dilemma (Lost My Friend's)

Options
A close friend had a Body Bugg that she no longer used. It was the first model that Body Bugg came out with. Recently she had a baby and has requested it back. However due to moving I cannot find the darn thing. I borrowed so I am going to purchase her another one! They do not make the version that she had before (1) now they are have BB3. Do I have to purchase her the updated model or the same model she loaned me used?

Replies

• casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    depends on if you are telling her you lost it or not. if she knows then buy her the updated one
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    I would be honest. I would tell her you lost it and replace it with the newer version, if they do not make the older version.
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's always best to be honest. You know she'll understand. She'll appreciate it, plus she gets a new body bug out of it, so it's really a win-win situation.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    uhh no take backs?

Did she give it to you or let you borrow it?
  • kscutie
    kscutie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would tell her your lost it and get the new one.
  • theraylene
    theraylene Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Jeepers! Of course you would tell her!
    I think a "friend" would buy a replacement--whatever is available.....
    She lent it to you in good faith.

(And, it is possible that someday in the future you could find the lost one again=yours now)
  • chichi_76
    chichi_76 Posts: 30
    Options
    Definitely tell her you lost it and that you would replace it with the same or better model
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    uhh no take backs?

Did she give it to you or let you borrow it?

Agreed on the no take backs if she gave it to you. However, if she loaned it, then I would get her the new one. Especially with the new baby she might not be able to get herself updated gadgets, so she might really appreciate it.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'd also be honest and tell her that you lost it in the move, if you do it face to face there's more integrity in it and you will be able to guage her reaction properly. She might not expect you to replace it!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I would be honest and tell her that during the move you lost it and ask her if you could buy her a replacement on ebay or something or if she'd prefer you buy new.
  • PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options
    I agree....If you tell her you lost it or can't find it, get her the updated one if they no longer make the one she let you hold. She will understand, especially if she is a good friend like you said. She will appreciate you telling the truth and then replacing it with a new one. I had a similar problem. My friend let me hold her gloves for kick boxing class. I needed them because she told me they were expensive and she didnt like the class, but she told me I could use them but she wanted them back (i was just trying out the class and she didnt want me to waste money on gloves if I didnt like the class) Well....the gloves are were totally dirty from sweat, so I told her and purchased her a new pair. They were more money because they were pink for breast cancer, but she helped me out when I needed here to , so I told her the truth and returned the favor.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I would be honest. I would tell her you lost it and replace it with the newer version, if they do not make the older version.

I agree! Honesty is always the best policy.
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I can buy her same version for $75 bucks or the updated one for $249.00. I have already told her that I cannot find it but are looking for it. No secrets there. It was a loaned it to me saying that she would not be needing it because they had better models coming in and that is what she wanted. Mind you this thing is about five years old. Oh well this is why you do not borrow!